deankxf

weber vac hoses where do they go? POST PICS HERE

ok, seeing google is useless, and every carby  i have ever had has been bastardized ... including this one..

where do these hoses go? 

more importantly for Me is.. what can be blocked off? on a different engine(gemini)

i am sure connecting number 1(idle jet and fuel cut) to vac port 2. will make that work. 

number 4 flows more when the throttle is cracked, guessing this is for the dizzy Vac advance?

(i have switched the top cover on this carby because it was better setup to my modded stuff. i'll take pics of the other one later. but it has a vac port above number 2 in this pic below)

txVDXRW.jpg

BAbn4IZ.jpg

nXOMZHM.jpg

Deankdx,

I just had my 34 adm rebuilt by a place In Sydney, I took some close up pics of it while I had it off and back on the car, I'll get some pics loaded here later today.

Usual suspects of bad idling, (vacuum leak, excess fuelled jet)  flat spots on acceleration (accel. pump) 6 pumps to start (auto choke replace) also carb overtightening on the manifold causing vacuum leaks at the base.

This thing run so much better now too.

here some pics.

below....rebuilt

80-rebuilt_weber_8b1c345a62ac75014a06e07

below...rebuilt installed

80-rebuilt_weber_installed_1_df65ba746eb

Below....EGR side before rebuild

80-egr_side_lhs_5c4339b379fd94f116e444c5

Below.. Can't remember where I found this guide.

80-emission_hose_diagram_34_adm_weber_2d

Two more pics. Hope it helps.

FYI. Had it rebuilt by Carburettor Services Burwood, Sydney and bought the kit from MLP Carburettors Reservoir, Melbourne.

80-rebuilt_weber_2_cceaf9519975d42ae8614

80-rebuilt_weber_installed_2_853f0ea3f82

Thanks @roKWiz 

i'll take some more pics today to confirm other stuff. 

the guy i bought the jets for Mine(into gemini) said he'd use Port 3 for Vac advance (on My photo) but it's clearly connected through that port switch thing to the idle cut

i actually wondered if i had tightened it down too much at one point, i'll be test driving mine today and then deciding what to do. i know the rebuild cost will be as much as the cost to dyno tune the other carby they say is better suited(to the gemini, 32/36 weber) so i'll be careful not to over capitalise. 

Yes, guy reckon most over tighten the carb down, bending the base plate. Full kit was 88 bucks, rebuild 200 including fitting a good SH auto choke.

That vacuum advance might be right for yours if you are not using a EST dizzy.