Server maintenance Read more... ×
CHESTNUTXE

Triple carb set up's for 250

There are many triple carb set up's for six cyl 250 ,i have been looking at these weber copies which are meant to be just about as good as the real thing ,and they are only about $200 cheaper than the real thing,does anyone know or used these units before,about $2200 gets you 3 carbs ,manifold,and all the gear to set them up,and about $2700 for the weber deal,also a good thread for these types of set up's,throw your 2c worth of info in.

On 14/04/2018 at 9:04 PM, Valvebouncer said:

Speak to Rob (Slydog) he has his triples up for sale and he has a lot of experience tuning them.

Im actually keeping em and the NA cyl head now. Im build a 2nd forged bottom end like the current one and just have 2 engine combos to use as I feel.

On 14/04/2018 at 9:06 PM, CHESTNUTXE said:

i have seen on his ute the tower has been notched to give more air flow yeah ? from the trumpet

Nope...the manifold uses a thick 20mm or so spacer and thick gaskets and to tune em right you need to be able to fit a syncronizer to the carb bell to set em up.

Needed room for that. All this bull shit about space is just that bull shit. Ive seen cars on dynos where you close the bonnet with 5mm above the carb make exactly same hp bonnet open or closed.

As for carbs to use no carb beats the webbers. The fab work involved in the 3 Holleys is too much and they require a serious engine to work. Webers work on stock or race type deals.

Tuning em is sooooooo easy and parts easy to get. 

My vote Webbers for lyf

PS the air box is no faster than just open carb trumpets too. Ive done it waaaaaay too many times to be wrong. On the street it may be better  but my deal no way.

the cost vs everything is too high with triple carbs and I can bet my left nut that on the same motor it will make more power and torque with an EB s2 or ED manifold and going EFI for much cheaper than the carbs

the eb2 and ed multipoint manifold is a little bigger than ea/eb

it will start every time and drive better, would not bother with triple carbs unless you're drag racing it and every HP counts

1 hour ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

so the eb2 manifold fits a crossy ?

fit's if you have a TIG welder... noobus ute has the conversion, although you'll need the photobucket fix to see any pics.

IfuIsCG.jpg

On 22/04/2018 at 7:38 PM, CHESTNUTXE said:

Has anyone seen that cold air box that chrysler six guy builds on you tune ? to suit webers dyno gains 20 kw.

His name is Chris,nice bloke and did Tony Spaznoski's combos. Yes he swears exactly like that in person too.

The hp gain for them is easy to explain. The exhaust and inlet are on the same side.So if you have a tube pulling air from the grille getting air forced in by a fan thats cooler than under bonnet temps it will make more hp.

I would suggest using the EF El intake as it works and fits better. Quintin aka crazy did it years ago and alot better than Clints effort.

Having a solid roller webers and 13:1 comp idle @ 950rpm in gear and handle traffic like anything else I often hold back from commenting as I know how different real life is to internet life. Quintin drove the car like 300-400kms and we even loaned a fellow LS powered racer some fuel as our economy was better than theres was. I know right...better than a EFI LS.So again the Webers (which were standard fittment on BMW Ferrari Mazaratti Lambos the list is endlist) came out beter than all thought in real life. 

Look up Bud Moore intakes. You will see how he used twin 1050 dominators on flat tappet 289-302 Windsors and 302 chevs that worked so well they got banned.

So will you actually fit tripples to anything ??? Ill say no but you sure would have a hell of a experiance if you did.The noise is so addictive,the wow factor is huge and your street cred would surprise you. The power... well smoking 275x60's to limiter in top gear from a dig no brakes for as long as your game makes it all worth the effort.

Downdaughts would be cool, no tower clearance issues then.

There is a pic in my thread of my panel van with triple downdaughts webber's (1980 xd panelvan) just need the pic fix thing to see it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk