Server maintenance Read more... ×
SPACK

XF EFI Fuel problem?

Dont worry, when I do find out I will let every one know...Had the hinges welded, so no more problem with the door handles...

I have been in touch with a company at BRENDALE, COOL DRIVE, they do check the computers for these cars, and if necessary repair, however, it has to go through a Mechanic forms have to be filled out. Rang a " older, established" AUTO ELECTRICIAN  and he said, after I explained to him my problem, that it should not be too hard to solve, SEND the car over...SO.....lets see...lol

Dont know, went down to his place today, he was not there, I told the other Mechanic, I was sending the car to an AUTO ELECTRICIAN, he reckons he can sort the problem as he has worked on these things, 65 years old, so I will see what the BILL is on tuesday. He is a good MECHANIC, I have never had to take my cars back when he has done work on them, SO YEAH, I mean labour is LABOUR...

It did go well, but that stopped when they took the engine out and the dash was replaced, I am guessing its, like a wire is not connected, an earth wire, on wrong...something simple..

Bloke at work offered me an xf efi motor the other day and I considered putting it into my xf sedan that’s currently carb fed but I think it’s more hassle than it’s worth adding the extra bits to get the efi working. I might put the later crank in it being it’s an 86 block and gain the extra 30kw some other way than efi. It doesn’t get driven much so maybe a really lumpy cam would be the way to go. I hope your problems get sorted soon mate, it’s frustrating me and I am not paying the mechanics

So do I ANDO81, However I am getting 152 kws out of this EFI engine, already, and rev,s out at 5500 RPM...YES 5500 RPM, IT GOES...that is it went, even an commodore could pass it now!!

Bloke at work offered me an xf efi motor the other day and I considered putting it into my xf sedan that’s currently carb fed but I think it’s more hassle than it’s worth adding the extra bits to get the efi working. I might put the later crank in it being it’s an 86 block and gain the extra 30kw some other way than efi. It doesn’t get driven much so maybe a really lumpy cam would be the way to go. I hope your problems get sorted soon mate, it’s frustrating me and I am not paying the mechanics
It's a fiddly job but not overly hard - I swapped my red wagon from carb to EFI.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I've had a few of each and the EFI definitely goes better. They can have their issues but then the weber carbys do too. Changing the looms, tank and lines over is a decent job but certainly doable. You could probably even just use the carby lines, they are bigger anyway.

14 minutes ago, SLO247 said:

You could probably even just use the carby lines, they are bigger anyway.

i used the carby lines for a lexus V8 into falcon.. that said, they are said to only make 140rwkw ish.. 

6 hours ago, SPACK said:

So do I ANDO81, However I am getting 152 kws out of this EFI engine, already, and rev,s out at 5500 RPM...YES 5500 RPM, IT GOES...that is it went, even an commodore could pass it now!!

@SPACK  are you the owner of the XF Dick Johnson SVO? 

If so, i think i have said to you on facebook, your ECU will be unique to the car because it would've had to modified in some way to suit the big cam profile and various other tricks they did to get that engine to produce the figures it does. 

These COMPUTERS cant be modified, they will accept 4-5 CAMSHAFT MODIFICATIONS though.....and yes its the SVO falcon.....It all worked until the engine was removed and the NEW dash was replaced.Anyway, It goes to an AUTO ELEC whom has worked on these things waaaay back in the day, so hope fully he can sort it..

Ok, guys UPDATE, The XF went from the Mechanics to the AUTO ELECTRICIANS today. Got a call from him 1 and a 1/2 hours later, It seems like its the TPS..It is not working, and he has ordered another for 2 morrow...I think I LIKE THIS GUY...Hopefully this will solve the problem...STEREO, SECURITY SYSTEM AND GPS TRACKING SYSTEM NEXT....Thanks to EVERY ONE FOR THEIR REPLIES AND INFO ..It is hard to diagnose something BLINDLY , so yes, THANK YOU ONE AND ALL...Wish I knew how to load the PHOTOS ON HERE...

25b0bd895fe7f8b0734f11c6a0fa67ee.jpg

If the capacitors in the ECU have never been replaced, they will very likely need doing, as they have a 10yr 'rated' life.

I'd still get the ECU bench tested by Cooldrive/Logicar,
or equivalent repair place, as bad capacitors will cause oddball running faults.

The guy said that the TPS was not working at all, it was not sending a signal to the computer..So yeah hopefully today its up and running...Properly..then the security system and a GPS tracker next...lol

Just got the XF back this afternoon, Apparently the computer they had connected, THEY WERE 3 TO CHOOSE FROM, had water in it, TPS and 1 other computer change and it works, OK, However it now needs to be tuned, as it idles too HIGH and it PINGS on accelerating, so BACK to the MECHANICS, ..

1 hour ago, SPACK said:

I had forgotten that this car was tuned for 95 ron..and I have stuck 91 in it...

i don't even run that garbage(91) in the lawnmower, 
why would you tune for 95? is there no 98 in the area?

Crazy thought. But seriously, bin the ECU and put an aftermarket one in. No one will ever know unless you tell them. 

By now it probably would have been cheaper than all the fucking around these 'mechanics' seem to be doing.