Server maintenance Read more... ×
```

XD V8 air cleaner

I am putting back on to my car the original V8 air cleaner.

It is going onto a Holley carb and Weiand intake manifold until I can get the Carter and stock manifold setup on there.

Now..where would the breather pipe on the left (drivers side) rocker cover go to?

I know the right hand one goes to the filler cap and air cleaner body but not sure on the other one,

cheers.

4 hours ago, bear351c said:

Reckon it has the PCV clacker in the rocker cover, which feeds into the base of the carby. Not 100% sure, got me thinking.....

Spot on!

Thanks mate, memory is not what is should be. 

Don't forget, the XD air cleaner is silver, and the snorkel sits upright/vertical. Unlike the XA/XB which sits horizontal.

Actually really pleased how the air cleaner and rocker covers have come up..and all with rattle cans of VHT Argent Silver!

I will post some more before and after pic's.

rattle cans !  They came up real nice....  Should be well proud of them. I rattle canned my engine and accessories, 'cos I'm a cheap bastard. Hit 'em with some clear coat, if ya haven't, otherwise any fuel or oil leak will peel the paint off.

This is the hose I am talking about..so it goes from the left hand rocker cover to the carb? (obviously this is a Carter and not a Holley)

26368846507_720eeac013_h.jpg

I haven't got the PCV valve that fits in the grommit..would this one be suitable?

http://www.gtshop.com.au/product/clips--screws--bolts--brackets_25/ford-falcon-pcv-valve-right-angle-suit-xr-xt-xw-xy/?&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I also need the vacuum switch(?) that fits between the snorkel and the base of the air cleaner

39431617310_a09901f5de_h.jpg

will one from a 6cyl air cleaner be suitable?

Yep. except i think it runs at the back of the Holley base plate.??  The PCV should be available anywheres, just get a 90* one,  and pretty sure the 6 and 8 vacuum valves are the same. Anyone got a part number or an XD workshop book.??  

Is that your engine bay?  It looks MINT.!

1 hour ago, ``` said:

This is the hose I am talking about..so it goes from the left hand rocker cover to the carb? (obviously this is a Carter and not a Holley)

26368846507_720eeac013_h.jpg

I haven't got the PCV valve that fits in the grommit..would this one be suitable?

http://www.gtshop.com.au/product/clips--screws--bolts--brackets_25/ford-falcon-pcv-valve-right-angle-suit-xr-xt-xw-xy/?&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I also need the vacuum switch(?) that fits between the snorkel and the base of the air cleaner

39431617310_a09901f5de_h.jpg

will one from a 6cyl air cleaner be suitable?

It's not a vacuum switch, it's a vacuum delay valve.

black/brown=2 sec min, 5 sec max.

black/green=9 sec min, 20 sec max.

theyre common on all XD/E/F's, just get the right Color one, and going by the workshop manual, the black side goes to vacuum source.

although, non of these things are needed unless you are hooking up all the emission gear.

and the one your looking for just helps warm the motor up quicker, by getting it to suck hot air off the exhaust manifold.

5 minutes ago, ESPSIX said:

although, non of these things are needed unless you are hooking up all the emission gear.

and the one your looking for just helps warm the motor up quicker, by getting it to suck hot air off the exhaust manifold.

So I can happily run the stock air cleaner including the snorkel without it?

17 hours ago, ESPSIX said:

Sure, just make sure the flap inside the snorkel is in the cold air position.

I assume that is with the flap closed against the hole?