Mattyv

AU/BA front end into XD/XE

Hi Guys, I am about to start transplanting the entire front end including cross member, suspension and steering from an Au/Ba into my Xe.

I was sent here by another member saying it had been done and posted by a member on here before. I have searchedusing the search function and also a physical search of the suspension pages.

Does anyone have any info on such an exercise or know where this thread might be?

thanks heaps guys. Sorry my first post was a question.

I can’t recall it being done in this forum. I do remember a thread on another forum ( either Australian ford forum or xfalcon) where they guy was fitting a ba front end and boss motor into a purple xe.

you'll have to get an app for your browser to see the photobucket pics, google photobucket fix addon for whatever you use(chrome or firefox etc)

His wife got sick at some point and the project stalled but it was pretty much finished, just not to a high standard he wanted.. 

i haven't checked on it or him in ages, but here's the thread on xfalcon.. there is a heap of photos of how he did it.

http://www.xfalcon.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25812-ba-au-upgraded-xe-the-boss/

I remember the XDerminator I think it was called by a bloke in Geelong?

On the Xfalcon forums, it was an XD with BA interior, and I think XR6T engine/front end.

Was blue and stupidly fast

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Redpandafox said:

I remember the XDerminator I think it was called by a bloke in Geelong?

On the Xfalcon forums, it was an XD with BA interior, and I think XR6T engine/front end.

Was blue and stupidly fast

Shane's SAS01 ,  last i saw that it was getting a show quality rebuild.. that was over 5yrs ago at a guess, wouldn't know how to find out on it's progress unless it shows in his photobucket acc?
http://www.xfalcon.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6479-xderminator-sas01/page-47

http://s410.photobucket.com/user/SAS01/story

Yeah hasnt really been any progress on Xderm from what i herd last from Glenn ( XM221). I believe it was covered over and left.

Shane did buy a Chestnut XE ESP and last i saw on ESPghia ages ago he was focused on that.

That was a few years ago now though.

1 minute ago, hendrixhc said:

Yeah hasnt really been any progress on Xderm from what i herd last from Glenn ( XM221). I believe it was covered over and left.

Shane did buy a Chestnut XE ESP and last i saw on ESPghia ages ago he was focused on that.

That was a few years ago now though.

I heard it got umm, dealt to by a disgruntled associate of Shane's and will probably never see daylight again. 

Such a shame given the amount of work put into it.

I heard it got umm, dealt to by a disgruntled associate of Shane's and will probably never see daylight again. 

Such a shame given the amount of work put into it.
Aww damn. Such an amazing project. I would give anything to own such a beast!