gavinmcmillan

Hi All! 81 XD

65 posts in this topic

Prob the reversing/lockout switch on the trans. There should be a black rubber, squarish looking plug at the rear of the engine. Try bypassing the 2 smaller black/red ?  wires, lights should come on. The 2 thicker wires are the Neutral safety start circuit. 

deankdx likes this

Prob the reversing/lockout switch on the trans. There should be a black rubber, squarish looking plug at the rear of the engine. Try bypassing the 2 smaller black/red ?  wires, lights should come on. The 2 thicker wires are the Neutral safety start circuit. 

I haven’t been able to find this switch - do you happen to have an image?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, gavinmcmillan said:

Ah ok, I assumed it was standard - I’ll trace it through and see where it goes

look in the boot lid, see if it has a solenoid, and what colour the wire is if so...

look in the boot lid, see if it has a solenoid, and what colour the wire is if so...

Yep it’s apparently the boot release - but it doesn’t work. I’m wondering now if it could be related to the reversing lights not working. I think I’m going to need to get electrical on the weekend lol

half the reason i know so much about these cars, and also the gemini's i have..is due to issues.

fix enough issues and you'll know the car inside out.. and soon enough, you'll either love the car for it or hate it(i ended up hating My XG XR6... i'll miss it when its worth $20k lol)

half the reason i know so much about these cars, and also the gemini's i have..is due to issues.
fix enough issues and you'll know the car inside out.. and soon enough, you'll either love the car for it or hate it(i ended up hating My XG XR6... i'll miss it when its worth $20k lol)

Haha I hear ya - investing in a multimeter now!

Just now, gavinmcmillan said:

Haha I hear ya - investing in a multimeter now!

$10 at Jaycar.. get one with a buzzer, might be $10 extra, is worth it. 

bear351c likes this

Yep it’s apparently the boot release - but it doesn’t work. I’m wondering now if it could be related to the reversing lights not working. I think I’m going to need to get electrical on the weekend lol

So traced that cable - the radio had been wired into it so at least I know where that is powered from. Also this is the boot release... explain why it isn’t working!

https://i.imgur.com/Ewl7gTc.jpg