GoofyBuddah

Confused XG project

2 hours ago, macman said:

Someone has fitted an AU radiator. Those are butchered AU top radiator mounts and that is an AU bottom radiator support beam which has been chopped short.

Yes, they are AU mounts.

Go back to XG, if you can afford an XG radiator. They are unique, and hence are a bit pricey.
Don't be tempted to buy an ebay Ally one.

3 hours ago, GoofyBuddah said:

Other photosb724a839b274d815bb14e817655f810b.jpg
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Also, WOW!..... :o
finally I get to see an early XG, with it's original 'Norma spring-band' type top radiator hose clamp on it!
That's made my day seeing that, seriously. :)

Can you do me a favour, and take a close up pic of the Ford factory part no. marking, on that top rad hose?
and can you also tell me if it says ERS, or NRS embossed into the rubber in tiny writing, or if it says Mackay?

Looking at the coarse grain of the rubber, I'd guess it's a Gates hose.
(which usually say ERS or NRS, then some numbers)

BTW, that's also an AU Falcon header tank up near the firewall, not an XG tank - as the small hoses are facing the wrong direction, and are incorrectly routed.
(goes along with the AU radiator I guess?)

Also, WOW!.....
finally I get to see an early XG, with it's original 'Norma spring-band' type top radiator hose clamp on it!
That's made my day seeing that, seriously.
Can you do me a favour, and take a close up pic of the Ford factory part no. marking, on that top rad hose?
and can you also tell me if it says ERS, or NRS embossed into the rubber in tiny writing, or if it says Mackay?
Looking at the coarse grain of the rubber, I'd guess it's a Gates hose.
(which usually say ERS or NRS, then some numbers)
BTW, that's also an AU Falcon header tank up near the firewall, not an XG tank - as the small hoses are facing the wrong direction, and are incorrectly routed.
(goes along with the AU radiator I guess?)

I'll post them in the morning. I hate that damn clamp... caught my skin when the vice grips slipped lol. Those header tanks are pricy lol.

I'll post them in the morning. I hate that damn clamp... caught my skin when the vice grips slipped lol. Those header tanks are pricy lol.

I think I have one in shed I will check in morning and send photo.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y360-U03 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, GoofyBuddah said:

Awesome, thank mate!
Lol, those springband clamps undo the easiest, with the proper tool -
See here on ebay -

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/182043763895

or here

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/141491616702

take a look at the "fix"  for the bypass coolant pipe that usually runs under the manifold and around the back of the engine to the waterpump.. 
if you can't spot it, look for the 45degree pipe sticking up behind the thermostat housing and near shock tower on left..

wonder what they have done at the water pump side?

b724a839b274d815bb14e817655f810b.jpg

5 hours ago, GoofyBuddah said:

Its going back to stock.......ish. and do you know what this is from. bfac8164f15a7eb271d36c6f63e6fd2b.jpg

no idea what that flux capacitor is for? time travel in back to the future? 1993 version...

what's the wire connect to? looks home made... electromagnet ?

take a look at the "fix"  for the bypass coolant pipe that usually runs under the manifold and around the back of the engine to the waterpump.. 
if you can't spot it, look for the 45degree pipe sticking up behind the thermostat housing and near shock tower on left..

Lol it has a hose thats been blocked up. I bought it as is. With 3 fixes. Tail light, sway bar linkage bushes, aaand the radiator thats in it now... the one that left me scratching my head lol.

no idea what that flux capacitor is for? time travel in back to the future? 1993 version...
what's the wire connect to? looks home made... electromagnet ?
It doesn't do 88mph lol.

Its been painted over so can't see it. But heres a photo any way lol. I'll clean it up a bit this arvo after work.63d4b89934c1df38bf8011d7bfd70c62.jpg

I saw this too. I’m guessing it doesn’t have a thermostat in it as the water won’t circulate with it shut. It looks like a part fix for a leaking heater core. It looks to be bypassed in other photos.

That other thing is definitely an electro magnet. I’m curious to know where the wires go.

I saw this too. I’m guessing it doesn’t have a thermostat in it as the water won’t circulate with it shut. It looks like a part fix for a leaking heater core. It looks to be bypassed in other photos.

That other thing is definitely an electro magnet. I’m curious to know where the wires go.
It has a thermo... ijust cant see it on th e gauge. The thermo werks, opems closes in ye old pot test

This i know lol. Hence me going full bitch.

If you nead parts there is a guy in Sheldon he is on Gumtree I get him on Google under XE parts check it out you could do a deal then arrange tpt I known tolls do pallet loads cheap
If you can't find parts where you are?

Ok, it’s probably not worth the cost to post second hand hoses that far.
Try www.sparesbox.com.au they have 20% off through eBay at the moment
I ment make a list of everything
You need he has everything
Rad hoses trans cooler and what else to make up pallet.

I ment make a list of everything
You need he has everything
Rad hoses trans cooler and what else to make up pallet.

I have absolutely no idea what you mean
0e7fe5681a308038a2f333133d36ccb8.jpg