xr6tjet

XE EFI turbo kit on the factory bosch

Hi guys,

Has anybody successfully turbo'd an XE EFI with the early efi bosch jetronic? I have heard with a fuel reg and plumbing in the afm into the cooler piping some people have got them to run low boost. Would like to hear experience, wouldn't mind running some really low boost setup on my XE for giggles.

haha, well you could run "really low boost" no worries. keep it below 4psi, and don't rev it over 4700rpm, couple clicks on the spring in the AFM to keep it rich. keep it under 160rwhp. will probably work... maybe.
but you're going to run out of injector and as soon as you change the injector you're gonna need to ditch the ecu unless you "trick" it into fueling properly but it will never run right.

thats a guess. If you know of someone who's running stock efi system boosted i'm interested to hear how it went.

Mike Vine turbos in QLD is the place you want to talk too.

Mike Vine developed kits for six pack falcons during the late 70's and 80's based on the Garret Normalair kits with significant improvements for every day reliability.

He did kits for the XE/XF EFI cars that went pretty well and made between 280hp and 350hp depending on the kit.

I'm pretty sure the bosch jet-tronic was retained in the XE's with a piggyback ecu fitted to operate the additional injectors and a few other functions.

That's what mine runs, it's got a piggy back Ecu stuck up under the dash, that runs two extra injectors, and is also hooked up to the dizzy.

but it's not a MV car.

id say back in the day it would have been piggyback ECUs. 

I have 6 (yes 6) HKS PFC F-CON piggy back ECUs from back in the day, with a couple of harnesses. not necessarily for X series, but they also have the fuel cut up controller. 

they were pretty popular apparently from the 80s, through to the late 90s, even early 2000s a lot of JDM cars were running them.