CHESTNUTXE

transit vans

Yep lifted a lot. Our standard order vans are completely different (more comfy in the back I bet) but the captains chair makes you forget it all. These get all the extras though. Rear separate aircon compressor glove box fridge. And a sporty spoiler hiding the massive fans. The spotties side and rear a good on early mornings

Sent from my 5046I using Tapatalk

It's good that they keep the fitout with all the goodies. Cop cars get stripped out completely.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

It's good that they keep the fitout with all the goodies. Cop cars get stripped out completely.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

They basically just remove the rear shelving units and communication gear flashing lights etc

I have a work van, I can't decide if I like it or dislike it

Mechanically it's reliable, 210xxxkms of delivery driving and it's never had a mechanical failure.
Electrics play up occasionally, and parts can be tricky to come by - even for Repco.

It's an oddly comfortable vehicle too, although you sit on the seat in the car instead of in the seat in the car - if that makes sense. It's probably a common van seating position.2c4eba70a7232ad17c8fcca092319de1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I have a work van, I can't decide if I like it or dislike it

Mechanically it's reliable, 210xxxkms of delivery driving and it's never had a mechanical failure.
Electrics play up occasionally, and parts can be tricky to come by - even for Repco.

It's an oddly comfortable vehicle too, although you sit on the seat in the car instead of in the seat in the car - if that makes sense. It's probably a common van seating position.2c4eba70a7232ad17c8fcca092319de1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Friend of mine just got a brand new one of these through work. He says its perfectly adequate. I drove it briefly comfort wasn't bad.

On 3/17/2018 at 9:46 PM, CHESTNUTXE said:

Hey does anyone no any info on the good ol ford transit van and what crossflows did they come with and autos/man ect,im thinking of doing up a van for my next project,chime on in with any good info,or idea's,eg,dual rear wheels ect.ect,back in the day i no a lot of bedford vans were converted to 308,s,.

Hello

I just found this post and signed up.

I have a Genuine 3.2 tonner MK2 van with its original owner book and an original factory service and repair book

my Transit came out with a 250ci cross-flow but they also came in the 200ci cross-flow  mine also had a 3 speed

floor shift manual box it made my transit scream for more gears at 80klms I now have a 5 speed ford toploader

out of an XF falcon so now I have a van that can do 120klms without to much effort  but usualy I drive at 80 - 90klms.

On 1/21/2020 at 9:55 PM, bear351c said:

Awesome.!  Thanks for posting.

Don't suppose you have any pics.?  👍

Yes I do have pictures my transit is my daily driver

so it is in a bit of a mess but I plan in the next year or two

to start a full ground up restoration keeping the over all

outside look like it was when new

I don't know how to put pictures up so as soon as

I can figure that out I will post them.

I picked up an old CF bedford that's halfway through a quality v8 ford conversion (probably a bucketlist project) a few years back. Since there's some van love here I might  post some pics to get some info on parts I have no idea about, for example what the steering rack and pinion was originally out of etc

7 hours ago, BBcube said:

I picked up an old CF bedford that's halfway through a quality v8 ford conversion (probably a bucketlist project) a few years back. Since there's some van love here I might  post some pics to get some info on parts I have no idea about, for example what the steering rack and pinion was originally out of etc

That will be nice to see pictures of your CF bedford

I have no idea how to post pics anyone whom knows how the help would be greatly received,

I get a message when I try to post pics that my pics are more than my allowed data and thats just one pic.

I have no idea how to post pics anyone whom knows how the help would be greatly received,
I get a message when I try to post pics that my pics are more than my allowed data and thats just one pic.

The forum doesn't doesn't support direct uploads so you will have to upload your pics to a host like imgur.com or Flickr and then link them to your posts. If you use your phone you can try an app called Tapatalk which will let you upload directly from your phone. (personally I use an old version of Tapatalk which works better for me than the current version. v6.5.4)

42 minutes ago, Wazza said:

I have posted pictures on the site bellow

Let me know if it works or not thank you

https://imgur.com/gallery/kzar8Oq

pics work, 
almost same colour as the one i had(was originally white, someone painted it blue with house paint)
US8HLSH.jpg

mine below just before i sold it, with the orange one i picked up for parts a month or so earlier (still wonder if the next owner finished it)

I1RRwfs.jpg

Nice beast Wazza, looks huge. Needs a cat9 engine.

9 hours ago, Wazza said:

This van project needs some serious effort before i will post pics. But here's a snapshot of my half finished clevo beddy

http://imgur.com/a/bYo4rTM

22 minutes ago, BBcube said:

Nice beast Wazza, looks huge. Needs a cat9 engine.

This van project needs some serious effort before i will post pics. But here's a snapshot of my half finished clevo beddy

http://imgur.com/a/bYo4rTM

I have nearly 4 meters long in load space the factory 250ci really moves along if the need arises

I have no trouble getting 130klms out of her, I call her the Grey elephant. 

Your van pic looks interesting, with the XB/XC GT bonnet fluts in it, I remember them

when those GT's were brand new.

In a few months time, I hope to start a full pull down and a ground up restoration.

14 hours ago, Wazza said:

Like your pics

does this mean you don't have them or any parts now either.

i had to move, so "everything must go" 
i was building it for a round oz camper van.. had the 250 crossflow, T5 from EA and falcon diff with 2.92 ratio(your transit diff ratio will have 4.6 ratio) and falcon discs with holden kingswood calipers which was popular at the time. (hence falcon wheels fitted)
it was on dual fuel, and i was in the process of putting a second LPG tank in. hadn't got to the rust by the time i sold it or it would have been road worthy. 

I ALSO GOT ADVISED by a few people who'd done the Oz trip, to get a normal white van.. a "camper" looking van, especially a blue old transit stands out like a sore thumb if you have any issues.. where as any white van just blends in with the next.  could park it in the kmart car park for 3 days and no one would know you were there(sleeping in it for eg)
so i didn't actually miss it in the end, i have a diesel mazda van on club rego.. super reliable.. easy to replace.. white boring slow as hell .. probably all i need if i ever do get to travel oz(it's off the bucket list now)

i don't know if Joe is still at https://www.yellowpages.com.au/vic/dandenong/j-b-auto-repairs-pty-ltd-12624427-listing.html

but @Wazza and @BBcube he used to be the BEST transit and Bedford wrecker back in the day.. might be worth seeing if he still exists.