xhadyboy

Autumn gold gl

It runs very hot well over 3/4 with the air con running.I see discussions on here about most XE A/C being tempremental.
So 2 x new hoses and a thermo change revealed what looks like the origianal themostat.I fitted it yesty and put some High temp silicone on the face and bolt hole.But today it still pissing out the bolt hole.I ve some stag paste here i will give that a go.4ac2eac45b42c7f4caad868885ada069.jpgb206f29c2ed0b8bab2db34c9f559596d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, xhadyboy said:

XE A/C being tempremental.

i'd say XE are fine.. XF onwards have garbage compressors in my opinion. 

Yeah it has the bleed screw; i bled it at start up .Once  I saw it leaking i undid the bolt and put the silicone nozzle in the housing bolt and reapplied it to the bolt.

Its been 1/2 an hour , ill give it another go now.

I also tried to get the wiper assy out of the ZL but the wipers wont move from the bottom of the windscreen .

sure it's not the thermostat housing not up against the head, due to the thermostat fell out of the recess on install?

you can get those wiper assy out in the rest position, but its much harder

4 hours ago, xhadyboy said:

It runs very hot well over 3/4 with the air con running.I see discussions on here about most XE A/C being tempremental.
So 2 x new hoses and a thermo change revealed what looks like the origianal themostat.I fitted it yesty and put some High temp silicone on the face and bolt hole.But today it still pissing out the bolt hole.I ve some stag paste here i will give that a go.4ac2eac45b42c7f4caad868885ada069.jpg

Oooh, can you please take a pic, showing the front side of the thermostat?

I've never seen an original XE thermostat before! :o

Were they the original hoses?

Would you mind showing the markings on them too?

18th Week of 87 or 97, is the date code on that tyre.

Probably 97', given the km's...

What does the spare tyre say?

That's excellent if it's not been mucked around with under hood.

There's not many 100% original XE's going around these days at ALL.

Interesting to see the thermostat is brass! Apart from the date-code what other stampings are on the thermostat?

Those spark plug leads will clean up nicely... they don't usually go bad. It's still got the original orange dizzy cap even! :)

(4th May 1982 production date on those leads)

With the radiator hose, are there any markings embossed into the rubber - like Gates, ERS, Mackay, etc?

And what original clamps were used on the radiator hose - Tridon/size, etc?

Now in side im inside on the P.C  and can see better .I reckon that tyre stamp is 1 st week 1987.The stamps are week made then year.I wonder when we stopped using letters in tyres sizes ?

No wonder i dont want to drive it with those tyres on it .Its all 100 kmh roads around here .

Trying to get some tyres for the Snowies 225/60 R15  is getting limited .I can get some cheap shit ones from Uncle Bills tyres for $110.Then they jump to $150/$1

Im trying to get it Regd for All Ford Day.

Now in side im inside on the P.C  and can see better .I reckon that tyre stamp is 1 st week 1987.The stamps are week made then year.I wonder when we stopped using letters in tyres sizes ?
No wonder i dont want to drive it with those tyres on it .Its all 100 kmh roads around here .
Trying to get some tyres for the Snowies 225/60 R15  is getting limited .I can get some cheap shit ones from Uncle Bills tyres for $110.Then they jump to $150/$1

205 65 15's are a little narrower but they are the correct height if you wanted a cheaper tyre option for your snowies, (on my old xf I ran 205 65 15 on the front and 235 60 15 on the rear terrible photos I know bu they are the only ones I have of it)0ef92ecee4d9523b01b927ed4dfad185.jpgfe1f2e0ace4e3d3031312e07c7ce57e0.jpg

I ran a a 180mm rotary buff over the bonnet with Maguirs ultimate compound certainly changed the appeal. The old ladies son "touched up "some stone chips on the bonnet ,as you can epic fail.I was in autobarn the other day and they make pressure packs to the book formula. I heard them say theres a joint in Sunshine that will color match then mix .I thought they said McIntyre Rd?
Anyone got a spare bonnet badge for sale?b39e45a1bbbc5133cca8513aa23cc57d.jpgb07b77a8b5ae8ea969706724495c79c3.jpgb20700434c94c2b22aac81cf30303b57.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, xhadyboy said:

Trying to get some tyres for the Snowies 225/60 R15  is getting limited .

i prefered 215/60/15(over 205/65/15)  when i had 15" tyres, mix of low profile/slightly wider was good for handling and cheap still.. that was many years go though.. no idea what's available anymore.

11 hours ago, SPArKy_Dave said:

If it's just Acrylic Laquer touch up paint, you may be able to remove it, (carefully) without harming the original factory finish underneath?

Never heard of this being possible before.How would i tackle it ?

I put some newer tyres on the rear this arvo ; whiol i was at it  i  whipped the the rear shoes off to see theres bugger all material left on the shoes so new shoes to be fitted.

Highway brake and clutch is where i get my stuff :there was an old guy there for years i think his name was Frank he was a a freakin guru.

One day i was talking too him about the rear shoe set up in these things and he said   to put  "a long shoe set "into them and it stops them from locking up the rears.

14 hours ago, xhadyboy said:

Never heard of this being possible before.How would i tackle it ?

Use lacquer thinners, very slowly and very carefully, working a bit at a time.

And/or use very fine wet/dry sand paper.

I'd be inclined to try that first IMO.

I'm running 215/60 on my snowies on my wagon. Might be an easier size to find?