xhadyboy

Autumn gold gl

Spotted this under a tree this morning.

It is a unmolested 1 owner 146k.

Auto ,working a/c 83 build.

Blokes 88yr old mum died 5 years it was hers .

Battery and fresh fuel and $300.

Now home with Me and Jack

It is only running on 5 cylinders at moment.

Let the fun begin.f29b73d13c5c328ad53593cbdeaeb5d0.jpgbd2be0bc5d995d5f8e02561ab3c4b9af.jpg373fc02178c11f261d06feca1e0e8bf3.jpg4903375322a63cc32de504cf7d74aa6c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

bargain, remove the wiper plenum grille and vacuum the leaves and dirt out(kill the redbacks in there before putting your hand in)

and also remove the plastic inner guard covers on the front and wash all the dirt out from the bottom of the guards(redbacks may live in there also) 

keeping it gramps spec? would look good with a set of B45 simons in gold and lowered i think

bargain, remove the wiper plenum grille and vacuum the leaves and dirt out(kill the redbacks in there before putting your hand in)
and also remove the plastic inner guard covers on the front and wash all the dirt out from the bottom of the guards(redbacks may live in there also) 
keeping it gramps spec? would look good with a set of B45 simons in gold and lowered i think

Yeah plenty of spiders and yeah wiper grill is pretty clogged. Just going to get it onto club plates for now with gold snowies .We are going to get them off the army green Zl we picked up, their silver atm but i think chestnut xe got em looking like esp ones .
The paint is filthy i clay barred it and put a bit of ultimate compound on it but it needs a buff.Not sure how the clear will hold up ?

The paint is filthy i clay barred it and put a bit of ultimate compound on it but it needs a buff.Not sure how the clear will hold up ?

Tread carefully, ultimate compound is probably a bit harsh, use ultimate polish first if you can. Better still get some megs m100, I love that stuff! I do a lot of original cars that need to stay original ( think mk1 Cooper s). You’ll need to keep the heat out of it so low rpm (600rpm or less on a rotary)slow arm movements and preferably a light foam pad. Spray some water on your pad then tiny bit of polish, it will go a lot further with the water and keep the heat down. Yes, you can cut it back with a polish rather than grabbing a heavy compound.

Good advice here!
This is basically my routine when I buy an x series. Only difference is I actually pull the front guards off so I can fix the door hinges, re adjust and flush out the plenum drain thoroughly.

On 2/18/2018 at 9:51 PM, gerg said:

. Misfire is probably just an oiled plug. Any sign of the dreaded plenum cancer?

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Spot on Gerg #2 pot was oiled just to check i swapped a plug out of 1 the paddock pig utes. Runs on all 6.New set due.There has been oil oozing out of the rocker cover gasket.

There's oil pooling on the outside of the head where the plugs sit,its screaming for a new rocker cover gasket.I was gunna get some engine bay pics but my phone went flat.

It looks like someone jot a can of oil , tied it to a chook and closed the bonnet.I'll put some pics up tomoz. and yes there is the start of  firewall cancer. More pics to come.

Yesty when i drove it home 10 min trip with the a/c on the temp gauge went 2 lines past straight up and down, would the radiator have clogged up with it sitting for 5-6 years.

Are the cans of flush worth the$15 or just get the radiator professionally cleaned ? Whats that worth these days?Last one i did was on the Mrs 2.6 lt scorpian it was like$120 .

i was quoted $120 to clean a gemini radiator also.. haven't done it, doesn't seem bad enough.

if it has steel welsh plugs still and no coolant, you'll have to be careful they aren't rusted through from sitting(or close)

Spot on Gerg #2 pot was oiled just to check i swapped a plug out of 1 the paddock pig utes. Runs on all 6.New set due.There has been oil oozing out of the rocker cover gasket.
There's oil pooling on the outside of the head where the plugs sit,its screaming for a new rocker cover gasket.I was gunna get some engine bay pics but my phone went flat.
It looks like someone jot a can of oil , tied it to a chook and closed the bonnet.I'll put some pics up tomoz. and yes there is the start of  firewall cancer. More pics to come.
Yesty when i drove it home 10 min trip with the a/c on the temp gauge went 2 lines past straight up and down, would the radiator have clogged up with it sitting for 5-6 years.
Are the cans of flush worth the$15 or just get the radiator professionally cleaned ? Whats that worth these days?Last one i did was on the Mrs 2.6 lt scorpian it was like$120 .

Flush is only really good as a basic cleaner/chemical neutraliser.

Most won't clean heavy or bad blockages, if that's your concern a radiator place is a better choice.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Awesome fine! I spotted this cars twin at a car show in tassie last year. I will find a pic.
So cool to still see stuff like this.

If there original rims l would widened to then colour code the black to bronze and also the small circle on centre cap .
That what I will be doing to mine as my painter already made a mould to go my will be red to match car but center cap inner circle black.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y360-U03 using Tapatalk

I rang a mag wheel resto joint in Coburg to get a quote to resto/paint the snowies gold

to have the lip machined the centres blasted and painted.

$1200.W.T.F 

thats $300 a wheel 

For another $400 i could get some Simmons .

The wipers make a horrible squelling sound and travel slower than a deawoo nubira.I thought i could jus t grease the assy up but given the wiper motors condition,i think its fooked.I have 3 X series here fot parts an Eclipse ;a ZL and a XF ute
Are they all the same ?1486a307a50ee8019a8a9f5712875f1c.jpg

Looks like I missed this thread! 😮

I'd be inclined to leave it stock, and enjoy it for what it is.

x-series metallic paint (and solid colour too) did not have a clear coat from factory.

It's a single stage enamel.

Use Meguiars ShowGlaze, for restoring gloss to the early enamel paints.

(Google will show you some articles on the process)

All in all, it looks like a nice tidy find. :)