Server maintenance Read more... ×
Mark Bretherton

351XD_Fairmont

38 minutes ago, Mark Bretherton said:

From Mark9f6474674a7a5cdc8cb5677aff46bffe.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI Y360-U03 using Tapatalk

Pic worked. .post up some more. .i think people had cut a bit of the bonnet ribs out to make clearance for the barra 

Thinking phase 5 scoop fitted and painted 750$739eb398c5a5af26655ab948f175f480.jpg

Inside sguare edge has to be removed see fuel burn is from holley . I mite leave open no scope expose plenum and paint black and follow color theme.17b5348f8828ec9235c7d5c24b90cbc7.jpg

if you are careful removing the ribbing there's probably enough clearance to fit it under the bonnet, probably wont need to even remove the full brace, just cut in half and try it..

phase 5 scoop wide enough? or off set, i don't think you'd need a hole in the bonnet, but then i haven't seen many carby 4 litres, there has been a few though.

what happened with the fire? lucky it was fairly small

if you are careful removing the ribbing there's probably enough clearance to fit it under the bonnet, probably wont need to even remove the full brace, just cut in half and try it..
phase 5 scoop wide enough? or off set, i don't think you'd need a hole in the bonnet, but then i haven't seen many carby 4 litres, there has been a few though.
what happened with the fire? lucky it was fairly small
Back firers while tuning .

3.2 ml expose after measuring eb manifold should of shaved before fitting and deepen bowl COST!!

Yes

Found boiler maker to remove brace then trail fit bonnet and if that does not work remove more then rubber side like shaker full lengh cost NILL$ what my idea for other that want same .230a04fa81fcf32322903cf14f72015c.jpg

Yeah, I'm a little concerned about how much rigidity you will lose, if you cut the whole thing out. The bonnet may twist or warp. Tell your boily to do it in small pieces, and try it for fit, with the minimum amount of metal removed. 

Yeah, I'm a little concerned about how much rigidity you will lose, if you cut the whole thing out. The bonnet may twist or warp. Tell your boily to do it in small pieces, and try it for fit, with the minimum amount of metal removed. 
Cuttings between masking tape then stickaflex brace parallel to plenum for support refer to early bonnet photo.1b0f74e860f9c1816d4e659e01da8f06.jpg767727bcc0bf17087f399228008fc8f1.jpg