CHESTNUTXE

WEIRD 84 CROSSY REBUILD XE XF ?

I haven't seen anything yet to say that it's out of a Cortina. The engine mounts definitely aren't, the sump is a Falcon one, haven't seen the dipstick hole or main bolts on #5 cap either so I reckon this bloke's just made the assumption based on not recognising the odd parts on it. It can't have been fitted to a Cortina correctly if it's an 84DA, as they don't have the rear dipstick drilling.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

its a august 85 block JG23FG with 3 bolt balancer and 1 piece rear main i think will take off soon.
Ok the crank is 10 under and 1 piece rear main seal and here is another shot of that line all 6 are identical on every chamber its in the casting like a millionth lay over40541429a407fba002634bef8e1bc952.jpg9906e9353dc5b83963c8b0f0e95eff2f.jpg77818fcb5d1f3e3e4a959fb7534fafbb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

i cleaned up the head,id say springs have been replaced as well,they dont look like the factory ones with yellow paint on them ect,,,anyway the c2 came up nice,with a couple of hours work,i will start to order bearings now 10/10 and 020 rings.KS69KRjY_o.jpgWwDSAN1b_o.jpgookyGqeo_o.jpg

OK THE HEAD is just about spot on 42cc c2,also the dizzy drive was sought of jamed in the 82da dizzy,note the ware,are these 2 parts not compatible ? xe and xf dizzy oil drive combo's,the jewel in the engine is this large water pump pulley as i can use it on my ute engine to slow it down a bit,the large alloy ones that speedway guys use are about $170,the number on the pulley is D1OE 8A 328 A be interesting what the clevo single pulley number is if thats what it is or a genuine older style large pulley ?dOsEZJ5r_o.jpgmhAl1ZtC_o.jpg1s4QEiwj_o.jpg

Well if the dizzy sat down properly on the block, then I'd say it was the correct length. HV oil pump or std? 
I have most parts cleaned and painted also put new 4.1 sticker on r/cover im tossing up weather to put new cam bearings in it as the first one looks a bit chewd out ?255c763bb76ca8f831f260689878c288.jpg7a28db02301bfc4f76c2292527a05ed1.jpg06dd99ecf30a89d83f07061138bd4e8d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

If crossys have the same diameter cam bearings all along (not like bloody clevos, c'mon seriously?) you could get a dolly machined up for not much. That way, you have one forever, especially since you do a few of these up.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Hmmmm i havent taken it down to the machine shop yet upon thismornings inspection just the first one is cactus but i will get em replaced so far the engine owes me $150 with mega hours of cleaning ect,but still about $400/500 of parts to go on it,and cam bearings are gunna blo the budget out but they are necessary item