Server maintenance Read more... ×

hey boys in a bit of a situation so ive blown something in my diff not 100% sure what it is yet but a quarter of my centre blew out :( now the problem is that my garage is pretty tight and i cant get to the drivers side axle to pull it out to get the centre out. Is it possible that if i roll the car out of the garage pull axles out and the centre that put the axles back in bolt them up wheels on and roll it back in the garage? will it damage axles or anything else if i do this? if so any other options?

It depends what type of diff it is mate but when I had limited knowledge and tools I just bought a complete second hand diff and swapped it out. Pretty simple job but removing a centre can be a bit more laborious.

yeah problem is that theres a step on getting out of the garage and its not big only about 20mm but will affect trolley jack getting in and out 

its a 9inch diff was going to pull the centre out and work out what wrong and probs get another centre made up

possible you reckon trolley jack from the centre of the diff and slowly move it to the left or to risky itll come off?

If you make sure the jack is pointing sideways you cangently go side to side. Have the jack as low as it can go (keeping chassis etc off the ground of course) to reduce the risk of it sliding off. Keeping the front wheels straight with the steering lock helps reduce twist/roll in the body too.

Do it at work quite often safe as.

hey boys so finally got a chance to pull it apart at cunts fucked. The axles are good but the gears and centre need to be replaced. The question i have are all 9 inch diff centres compatible with each other? the 9 inch i have is at xy drum brake and i have found a couple complete centres on the net but not to sure if they work with each other. Any help would be greatly appreciated