Mr Polson

(TAS) Triabunna Cruise - 26th May

Hey guys, 'bout a month until the first Tassie OzFalcon event!!

So, here is what I have planned!

What: Cruise to Triabunnia and back

When: Sunday, 26th May

Meet Point: Cambridge Car Park, near Mitre 10/SuperCheap Auto

(if anyone wants to meet me at Montrose foreshore and then travel to Cambridge, let me know)

22fed1cf.png

Time: Arrival 9.45am for 10am depature

I figure we drive on up to Triabunna, grab some food for lunch, take a few photos somewhere, and head back! 

Could even head back via Richmond for some more photo ops and something different than the way we went.

Any questions let me know!

EDIT: Another map to help the potential interstate visitors find Cambrige Park

cambridgepark_zps67e4b5b2.jpg

I'll try and get the day off work although I still haven't got the ute going it should definitely be going by then

Hope you can make it mate, the more the merrier!

Nova, can we have you as the official event photographer?

i may be able to fit this in with My trip to Tassie soon.. was hoping for earlier but if so i'll see who's about anyway..

i'll be in touch with Chris anyway.

i'm planning on heading from Devonport to Hobart via the east coast on whatever day i arrive... will be 7am ish though, pretty much whenever i get off Spirit of Tasmania boat

The more the merrier!!

If you come down via the East Coast you could always meet us at Triabunna and cruise back to Hobart area.

Alec, given the roadworks that are on the Bass Highway (assuming they're still there, was some pretty major works going on three weeks ago), no way can you make Cambridge from Devonport in three hours... Legally.

Should be able to make Cambridge in 3 hours from devonport!

Down for long?

thinking 4 days max at the moment.. however 2 of those will be spent just driving to and from the boat pretty much.. so got to see if i can stretch it a bit.

i want to drive the east coast anyway, the first day according to google maps says 600km over 9hrs.. 

The more the merrier!!

If you come down via the East Coast you could always meet us at Triabunna and cruise back to Hobart area.

Alec, given the roadworks that are on the Bass Highway (assuming they're still there, was some pretty major works going on three weeks ago), no way can you make Cambridge from Devonport in three hours... Legally.

will depend on time and day of arrival or departure to devonport, i'll be staying in Nugent area so fairly close for a hobartish catch up also if the timing isnt right. visitng My best mate of 25yrs is the priority, while seeing a bit more of the place on the way down from Devonport(and on the way up if theres time?)

i'm still ensuring Reliability of the ute at the moment..

not planning on doing Targa style times... more likely to try topping up the LPgas at Georgetown and seeing if i can do the rest on 1 tank. aim is to use as little petrol as possible without spending my time looking for servos..

TassietripideaDay1_zps2516911d.jpg

Legally, I've done it, even with the road work! ;)

Must've had a good run!! Or I just drive too slow...

I have terrible luck with getting caught behind learners or P platers who actually do the limit...

thinking 4 days max at the moment.. however 2 of those will be spent just driving to and from the boat pretty much.. so got to see if i can stretch it a bit.

i want to drive the east coast anyway, the first day according to google maps says 600km over 9hrs.. 

will depend on time and day of arrival or departure to devonport, i'll be staying in Nugent area so fairly close for a hobartish catch up also if the timing isnt right. visitng My best mate of 25yrs is the priority, while seeing a bit more of the place on the way down from Devonport(and on the way up if theres time?)

i'm still ensuring Reliability of the ute at the moment..

not planning on doing Targa style times... more likely to try topping up the LPgas at Georgetown and seeing if i can do the rest on 1 tank. aim is to use as little petrol as possible without spending my time looking for servos..

I drove from Hobart to Corona Juntion (north of campbell town) in about 4/5 hours, that includes stopping for lunch, taking photos, driving a very windy and slow road through the douglas apsley...

Google maps has a tendancy to be a bit slower than the actual time. Or so I think.

So an attendance list so far (event is only a fortnight away guys!!)

Definite:

Polson

Nova

LTD038

Luke

deankdx

Maybe: (pending work?)

xeclevo351

OXF085.

Map of the trip

GSpecZL?

i may be able to bring over some clean bits and peices.. either to or from hobart etc. no oily dirty crap, or big things...

anyone looking for small bits and pieces i may have some parts here..
let me know if so.

I have managed to organise the day off however I still havent had the call from the mechanic to say to pick it up haha this cruise might end up being the maiden voyage for it. I've seen a few pics of you towing car trailer with your ute polson you might have to take one up just in case lol only kidding mate. But yea if I get the ute back in time ill be there.

Still got two weeks... Plenty of time ;)

I don't know if I'll bring the ute or the wagon, and the wagon won't be a tower so you'd be out of luck haha :P

I've got that wing mirror btw, I'll bring that with me!

Yea that'd be great polson, the headlight protectors are sitting on top of tool box so if I make it ill bring them along too. Must say I'm he'll keen for a cruise haven't REALY driven the ute in the last 2 years. Anyone going to the car show in Ross on the weekend?