Sign in to follow this  
bear351c

XB XC disc brake rear end. Proportioning valve.

Thought I'd open this can of worms, again.

I'm gunna put the disc brake 9 inch under the bum of the Nugget, she's out of a ZH, and is LSD.

If i remember rightly, (and I do drink a lot),  the XB rear wheel disc cars had the proportioning valve, mounted on the firewall somewhere. XC had it internally in the master cylinder. So, do I go for the expense of a new master cyl, or a proportioning valve, or see if the rears lock up when I take her out for a test drive.??

Anyone done this conversion.?

Mate have had this problem on Outback...

If its not in master cylinder there will be a dummy proportioning valve in there which can be replaced with the real deal... solving your problem.

I came across this prob because one tonner utes have single spinner and proportioning valves at rear.

The other has it in the master cylinder, like mine.

You'll still have brakes without it... just 50/50 split.

Think its supposed to be more like 70/30 split.

I like it in master cylinder because its not dependant on load.

Sent from my GT-S7583T using Tapatalk

Yeah, I've heard both tales told. Have no issues,.........and constant locking of the rears..... 

Guess I'll just have to fit up the diff and try it. 

Brake fella up here says he can re-route all the brake lines to suit the prop valve. For a cost. :rolleyes:  Did the XC m/cyl have a plastic top.? Would like the old girl to look all original. 

Ive used several different disk and drum brake rear end diffs in the back of my xb that was originally disc / drum.

The only dramas i had was when i put a disc rear end from a Ed wagon, it felt like there were hardly any brakes.. so i bled it 5 times and then tried clamping the rear brakes as a troubleshooting thing .. and it made a huge difference. Ea rear was fine but the ed they must have changed something

But anyway ive put xc xd xf ea disc rears in before and i never had any dramas

Id just try it and see how it goes.

Has anyone got any pics of this internal proportion valve? Do they come out in only disc /disc car xbs?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk