Server maintenance Read more... ×
jca25

Ecu

Hi guys i'm help a mate with building a street stock for racing at speedway, its a au but with the class he can not run the au ecu as not aloud the vct, was going to us the wiring harness from the car and strip off what we don't need but need to know what ecu will mate up to it i was thing ef ?? Was hoping someone who has put a barra in a xf could shed so light on it for me 

Cheers Jason

I done a bit more looking into the class rules and you need to run a ea or eb ecu so i take it i will need the harness to suit it or being i am making it full stand alone can i use the au harness

Ok cool can do then i thought i had read somewhere one of the ecu can be swapped but two wires need swapping

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The problem with the au and ef ecu is they have an extra row of pins due to running coil packs also ef and au use different plugs from each other as the ecu aren't compatible

As Thom said. The only other difference is the block, the bolt holes for the reinforcement brackets that run from the side of the block down to the bottom of the trans bellhousing have been filled and it’s different around the top where the p/s pump go. Nothing that can’t be fixed though. I’d keep the AU sump if you can.

I'll be keeping the whole au motor as its going in a au car, the street strocks are just a cheap class to run not aloud any real work as they go both ways on the track but to run the later models cars u have to have the ecu locked and sealed using a ea or eb ecu which i have just found out, its been enough fun building the excel

Ok guys hit the wreckers up can get a ecu off them but they cut the harnesses up when they pull the motors, next question is do any of yous guys have a harness out of a ea/eb u don't want??

Its not too bad to swap the loom and all the sensors if you pull the intake off and there is enough room in the log manifold wiring to re arrange it to suit bbm

Its not too bad to swap the loom and all the sensors if you pull the intake off and there is enough room in the log manifold wiring to re arrange it to suit bbm

Ok cool from what i have read we can use the early model intake plus being a dirt track car we dont need all the sensors just the bear minimum

You might find it easier getting a whole car. There are plenty of flogged out ea/ebs you could pick up cheaper than buying all the individual bits from wreckers

Yea I'm going to look around for one but the local wrecker here is good if u are a racer and put his name on the car he gives u the parts or at one really good price so far for my daughter's car we haven't paid for the parts for it which has been good