PapouGhia

Xf Efi problems

i'd assume if they are all bolted down, then you should be able to turn the motor over and those two will rock up(then be springing back) and 2 other ones will act as these 2 are now.. 
they are probably just in the opening stages.

(the confusing stuff) firing order is 153624. that means, both valves will be closed on that firing position.. eg.. cyl 1 when on top dead center, will have both valves closed and there will be no tension on the rocker bolts, then rotated a bit more number 1 will be in exhaust stroke, so the exhaust will begin opening while cyl 5 is next for same then rotated a bit more number one will turn into intake stroke so the other will begin opening, number be on exhaust probably around this time.. you could go through and watch some youtube clips and probably find a scenario on video of this. but its probably the exact thing you are mentioning. just 2 valves fully open. 

You explained that perfect and I have thought that as well, just making sure I have gone through YouTube as well and Sussed it all out, just wanted to get some feedback from people who actually worked and know the ins and outs of these motors, I’ll try and get it all back together tonight, how long should I crank the engine by hand? Will they all harden up if I do it? Cheers 

Also having trouble cranking the car as it’s in a awkward place to get to. Any other way? Cheers. 
Disconnect the fuel pump relay, and give the key quick flicks to wind the motor over via the starter.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

FYI

#4 rocker is exhaust cyl 2

#5 rocker is inlet cyl 3

If my brain is correct, #6 should be rocking so #1 should be TDC compression

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Emilio said:

Where abouts is the fuel pump relay? They the square fuses on the driver side? 

near the brake booster, it's a green one, push the sides in to unclip it(it says it on it, people like Me always tried to pry the clips, but pushing them releases it easy)

10 minutes ago, Emilio said:

Green plug is pulled out the square relay is unplugged, am I safe to crank the car? 

yeah that will ensure that there is no fuel getting into the engine(so wont get flooded) 
you should unplug the coil lead from the center of the distributor cap just to be double sure nothing will happen(as residual fuel pressure may make the engine fire up briefly)

just crank it for a second or less and check all the rockers are doing what they were but in different positions

1 hour ago, Emilio said:

Alright have cranked engine couple times a few of them have gotten hard, should I keep cranking till they all go hard? Cheers all 

i think this "hardness" you are thinking of is when the valve is open depending on the position of the engine rotation when you stopped cranking..

i'd just check all the bolts are tight , pushrods are in place and fire it up personally.. that's what i've always done

All pushrods are down I saw movement coming from all rocker arms, haven’t seen oil coming through the push rods yet, should I go and put everything back together and start up? It’s just some of rockers are from my believes not primed yet? And are still loose not from the boot but the tension as I can still spring them down and up, hard to understand without a video. 

3 hours ago, Emilio said:

Give all. Everything is back together!!! It’s seems to be running decent but is not when’s the isc and the airflow sensor is plugged in! Is this just faulty units? 

that's probably a question for @Panko @Mr Polson who might have encountered this issue before.. 

i know the air flow meter in particular can be temperamental (temper- mental)  the ISC might need cleaning with carby cleaner or similar?

Was it running fine with them plugged in before?

And am I reading that right - it runs fine with the ISC and AFM UNPLUGGED but is running poorly with them plugged in?

Alright when I first got the car it would idle fine but then it started stuffing up and I unplugged the isc plug and it would idle fine once warm. Afm isn’t the problem as it’s plugged in now and it’s fine, cheers for the help guys, what oil thickness should I put in? There is still a lil ticking sound but I reckon that’s the cam. I’m looking for a isc and the hose that goes from it to manifold. Cheers all 

Alright when I first got the car it would idle fine but then it started stuffing up and I unplugged the isc plug and it would idle fine once warm. Afm isn’t the problem as it’s plugged in now and it’s fine, cheers for the help guys, what oil thickness should I put in? There is still a lil ticking sound but I reckon that’s the cam. I’m looking for a isc and the hose that goes from it to manifold. Cheers all 
I run Penrite Classic Light in my xflows (it's a 20W-60). They both love it.

You wont find an ISC, nobody makes them. Can pull yours to bits, and clean it, and try and put it back together, or get a second hand one.
Try and find a wrecked ZL Fairlane with EFI, same engine.....  
Repco can get brand new ISC for XF EFI. Or at least could last year.

11 hours ago, Mr Polson said:

Repco can get brand new ISC for XF EFI. Or at least could last year.

Didn't know that, Chris.  Tried to find one a couple of years ago for the ZL, but none were available. 

Same as this fella....?