Server maintenance Read more... ×
SPArKy_Dave

AUSSIE MADE WINDSCREENS - GROUP BUY THREAD

Who here, has had to fit a crappy/distorted non-oem Chinese windscreen to their Falcon/Fairmont/Fairlane or Ltd?

I'm in talks with a small Australian Windscreen Manufacturer, to produce some Aussie made screens for our vehicles,
AND
make them in modern Acoustic Glass - for reduced wind noise/improved cabin silence, etc.

I've also asked if they can stamp the screens with the factory Ford/Pilkington markings.
Apparently they own some of the old Pilkington logo's, so things are looking good with that too!

A special sound deadening inter-layer, (sandwiched in-between the two laminated glass layers) is what makes a normal screen into Acoustic Glass, and it apparently comes on a 250m roll.

I'll be getting some one-off Acoustic Glass screens made for my own vehicles regardless,
but who else here would be interested, if I really pushed hard for a decent run of screens to be done?

I haven't talked price with them yet, but I'll be getting some made for myself regardless.
I'm so sick of chinese glass, and not being able to get decent stuff.

They asked if I wanted to do any side glass too!

I would prolly suggest at least $500, for an Aussie Made Acoustic Screen.

Dave, would you think not having the acoustic film could substantially reduce the price? 

Or would it only be marginal ?

Just that with so many other points of entry for noise the difference between acoustic and non acoustic may only be marginal .

That's a good point about the difference being only marginal xhadyboy but any change would be great. Dave I'd be interested in atleast one depending on how much freight would cost, I'd love to see how much it would cost for all eight pieces I'd probably have a heart attack 

36 minutes ago, gerg said:

This would obviously be limited to folks in the Melbourne area, correct?

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

No, they're based in QLD, and will ship Aus wide.
They aquired the old PGI aussie glass manufacturing equipment, moulds/jigs etc, - from when PGI went to China.