Travis

Diff gears

50 minutes ago, Travis said:

I’m looking for 3.7 diff gears and wondering what model falcon had them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for borgwarner diff? 3.77 in cortina 4cyl..  

falcon had 3.5 i think the highest

Nissan Pintara was 3.9? borg warner also

As far as I know falcon didn't have 3.7 r31 skylines did and pintaras did must you want a skyline or aftermarket gear set as pintara gears aren't case hardened and will break alot easier

Skyline and Pintara auto's had em. But TBH by the time you find some and buy buying new may well be a better option anyway as new cost is prob on par. You can search US sites and get US GM 9 bolt gear to suit Camaro.

It will depend on the drive gear you have. Which you probably don't need to change.

Count the teeth on the one you have, work out the difference in percent the new ratio is compared to the old, get a driven gear with that many fewer/more teeth.

It won't be in any of the falcon color charts because falcon's didn't ever have that ratio. You can't look at other charts because you don't know what drive gear is in the other cars...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

was the biggest teeth number 23? if so, that's as close as you'll get. 

what car is it? might be able to fit a different sender (XD to XF is 20% difference 8pulse to 10pulse) you can adjust some speedos electronically a bit, also repositon the needle for a closer idea also