CHESTNUTXE

92 CROSSFLOW REBUILD

according to the compression calcuator if i put the 20cc pistons in it ,it would be about 9.6.1,thats with 47cc chamber but i must measure the chamber as some are saying 42cc and others 48cc so i will sus it out.

35 minutes ago, SPArKy_Dave said:

LPG loves boost apparently... just needed a Turbo. :P

it used to ping on gas and not premium.. was over 11:1 comp
needed E85 before it was in servos... needed a bigger cam, would have offset the static comp ratio

2 hours ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

No ? I chuckd the bearings out already

I really hope that's a joke, LOL!
If not, then you've just created a whole lot more work for yourself...

You need to Plastigauge the bearing clearances, as a bare minimum.

You need to measure the crank for size,buy bearings to suit then fit and measure then fit crank and measure.

Or you could measure crank and buy bearings to suit and just deal with it co I know 95% of people building engines would do this. I'm not one of em. Most don't check end float just pull the crank forward and back and thats it LOL.

14 hours ago, deankdx said:

the good old.. I'll just re ring it.. rebuilt.. next minute $4000.. that's what mine ended up like

qF8uCSV.jpg

MrWQPKy.jpg

Is that a C2 Dean? Wow don't see em like that anymore LOL.

I just had to purchase a C1A (with real money too!!!) and these things are starting to get hard to find. But the out come will be a very happy xflow for me :) 

1 hour ago, slydog said:

Is that a C2 Dean? Wow don't see em like that anymore LOL.

I just had to purchase a C1A (with real money too!!!) and these things are starting to get hard to find. But the out come will be a very happy xflow for me :) 

It was a cnc machined map of a C2 I think from the C1 also had cnc pocket porting . I can't remember anything about it other than the cam was was too small for revs but it had torque for days from idle to 4000 

4 hours ago, deankdx said:

It was a cnc machined map of a C2 I think from the C1 also had cnc pocket porting . I can't remember anything about it other than the cam was was too small for revs but it had torque for days from idle to 4000 

What Cam did you have in it?
Sounds like you need another crossflow as a daily! :P

You need to measure the crank for size,buy bearings to suit then fit and measure then fit crank and measure.
Or you could measure crank and buy bearings to suit and just deal with it co I know 95% of people building engines would do this. I'm not one of em. Most don't check end float just pull the crank forward and back and thats it LOL.

I’m waiting for them to bring out a digital tyre lever gauge

It’s amazing what you can learn from the old blokes if you just shut your mouth and listen.
A mate of mine is mad for minis, the real ones. They only have 3 mains caps compared to newer 4 cylinders with 5 therefore they are susceptible to crankshaft whip and cracking. The old school trick is to have a bigger clearance thrust bearing on the bottom compared to the top. I guess they know, considering they spin them to 10,500 rpm and they stay together!

1 hour ago, SPArKy_Dave said:

And was it good?

with 2.77 diff and auto it took off like a rocket.. would have been fine with a taller diff ratio. 

made 99.8RWKW on LPG, at 4000rpm.. would pull to 4500 but didn't have much up there.  ideal tow engine if you wanted a 6, used as much lpg as a 351 though.. (but went as good as a good stock one..)