383xd

383 total ignition timing

Hi everyone im new to the forum

I have a 383 cleveland with alloy heads 63 cc with 10.5 comp and single plane manifold and crow Ct21626 solid cam with holley 750hp carb and msd probillet dizzy 

What timing curve and total should I use 

I have 6 at idle and 24 total at 3000 rpm at the moment engine is just run in

Hi everyone im new to the forum
I have a 383 cleveland with alloy heads 63 cc with 10.5 comp and single plane manifold and crow Ct21626 solid cam with holley 750hp carb and msd probillet dizzy 
What timing curve and total should I use 
I have 6 at idle and 24 total at 3000 rpm at the moment engine is just run in

That sounds like factory timing or even worse. There is something seriously wrong with that combo to need such retarded timing, especially on a stroker.

That cam is a strange one, where the hell did you get that? Specs say @.0.050" duration is 194/204, lift 0.441/470, which is barely more than stock, and being on a 112 LSA it wouldn't even be as grunty as a towing cam. The specs are really nothing special, but the weird thing is that it's a solid.

Normally the range of solids start at around the 220 duration and 0.500" lift and get more radical from there.

The worst thing about the cam situation is that it's a stroker. I wouldn't put anything less than 224/234 in something that big. In short, the cam you have is way too small for the motor and comp ratio, alloy heads or not. I'd be surprised if it could pull past 4500.

Carby is a good size, MSD make good stuff, so no dramas there.

Are they ProComp heads?

You just need to address the cam situation, otherwise from what info you gave us, should be a nice motor.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Sorry my mistake, that cam is a lot bigger than those specs i gave. Stupid ebay site listed the wrong specs. No wonder it seemed weird.

Actual specs are 238/244 @ 0.050". Lift is 560/570. Good cam for that size engine.

Your timing however is way retarded.

Your total timing should be approaching 40 deg, initial could easily start at 20. Hope this helps.

When you say "more timing" how much was that exactly? And did you knock it back for pinging? What plugs are you running? On your combo, i'd run BP6FS.

I run 4s in mine but it can handle the hotter plug due to being a mild 302 and the kind if driving I do (country/suburban). I tried 6s but they fouled way before wearing out. Yours might like the cooler plugs due to higher comp.