Server maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
blackxt

Perfect rim offset 15x8

I'm going to have some spac rims turned into 15x8s and run 255/50/15 drag radials on my xf ..

A lot of people suggest 4.5 inch back space for off the shelf rims

I've always found they hang out a bit to far and rub a bit ..

Just wonder what people thoughts are ? What offset would you run if you could run any ???

probably going to get a band sent over and measure it all up any way but thought ide see what you guys think also ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dragway indys on my black ute are 4.25" backspace & where to close to outer rear gaurd before i fitted the XY width BW diff with a 275, My 14x8's where 4.5" backspace and fitted a 295 under my ute. (If pics don't work look in photobucket bug thread for a fix for your browser)

Dragway's 4.25"

15_zpsedb03187.jpg

14x8 4.5"

DSCF6303.jpg

That's a fair tyre also ..

I wonder if I got some made 4.75 inch back space just to be safe ..

My cars pretty low .. and I don't want to shorten the diff if I'm having wheels made .

I might get some bands abs see how they look ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my shortened diff was a ebay fluke. I can remember SIC351 (orange XD sedan) had 5.75" on 10" rims (4.75" on 8"). I have 255/60r15's on it now, has heaps of room. I did also fit the 295's to my XE sedan & was only 3-5mm from the lower control arm. Pics of clearance in these threads on xfalcon also some before shortened diff with 275's http://www.xfalcon.com/forums/index.php?/topic/40368-xf-rim-backspace/

http://www.xfalcon.com/forums/index.php?/topic/29629-how-do-i-safely-roll-the-gaurds-on-my-xf-to-fit-12slotters-on-it/page-2

I've been thinking of doing the same with some Spak rims except maybe 9" wide, for 275's