dingodudette

New XE inheritor 2nd Generation

10 posts in this topic

Hello fellow Falcon enthusiasts.

I'm in Brisbane and am currently doing up my father's cherished 1982 XE 6 Cyl Auto sedan.

He wants to get it back as close to it's original condition for me to  keep the dream alive after he's gone (he's 91) and I want to get it done up so he can see it completed.

Mechanically it's in great nick, but as you must know, its difficult to get body parts for it.

Left hand guard needs work and the front bumper is split from a bingle, but I'm told these can be fixed.

Seems most body parts are in Victoria and sellers aren't willing to ship them interstate.

Now I'm going to get a plastic welder to do the bumper and then have the guard done.

So that's my story so far... I look forward to your posts.

Outback Jack likes this

Welcome aboard!

Parts are harder to get in good condition but can be found.

Ask plenty of questions on here and if you need anything chuck up a wanted add cause most of us here are hoarders of everything!

4 minutes ago, dingodudette said:

Great, thanks, I will. Your Miss Ephie looks like our Miss Lizzy, 'cept more powerful.

My Miss Ephie hasnt run for 9 years but thats a bout to change1

dingodudette and tpak addict like this

Thanx. Myself and my dad are grateful for your input. I'm sure with the members help we can keep the dream alive.

First of all, welcome!

I have an 82 XE S-pack wagon and am currently doing a respray and engine freshen-up on it.

I've found that if you look around the metro areas, parts are rare and expensive. Best bet is to track them down via networking like you're doing now on here. Many old wrecks can still be found out in the bush, just waiting for us to hassle the owners to part with the goodies. Also be prepared to fork out for postage.

Our cars are over 30 years old now, when most are engineered to last 10. To put that into perspective, it's like being in the year 1967 and having a car from the early 1930s.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

dingodudette likes this