Xgpaddywagon

Removal of lpg gear

Depends on what you want the panno for.?  Long trips, I would keep it. Still half the price of fuel, and relatively maintenance free. Not sure on the inspection fees for LPG in all States. Here in SA, I think it's about $600 for a 10 year tank re-test. I believe that involves replacing wiring or copper lines as well. 

If you're gunna haul weight, stick with petrol. 

in Victoria the retest of tank can be done for under $150.. lines etc don't need changing unless obviously bodgy..

as for running cost Vs petrol 
gas 15 litres per 100km at 70cents a litre = $10.50 per 100km

petrol.. people have got down to 8litres per 100km but i never got better than 12 so $15 per 100km is on average.. 

driving 10,000kms a year $1000 of fuel on gas..
driving 10,000kms on petrol $1500..  

naturally heaps of kms(i was doing 50,000 a year in an XF.. fuel savings were justified..)

another note, My XG fuel pump died... .. handy when you can still drive on gas, especially on road trips. also doubles the distance to servos when both fuels work

i just ripped the gas system out my xf ute as it wont be needed but was surprised how light the tank was empty,all the metal brackets where probly just as heavy as the tank,what a pain in the ass to remove it if yuz dont have a hoist,in most of my builds i have spent more time under the car than actually driving it ,if it was mine i would get rid of it.

It's one of the reasons I actually keep the LPG system on my XH panelvan: it's great for long-distance travels (650km total on full tank of petrol, plus 500km on full tank of LPG), and as someone already mentioned, should the fuel pump seize you can still at least continue onwards. Okay, so you shouldn't tow on LPG and you don't have as much power on LPG than on petrol, but if you're doing highway/freeway driving without the city stop-start habits, having another fuel source is handy.

Really it comes down to the price of the fuel and operating costs. Even with the price of LPG going up recently, it's still cost-effective to run on LPG compared to petrol. Most of the time, money saved in daily operation will easily outweigh the price needed for re-inspection/tank re-stamping. Then again, I specifically looked for a Ford panelvan that was already converted because the advantages of another cheaper fuel source still trump the alternatives of it without.

Ultimately it depends on what you want out of your vehicle. If you want more performance from your engine and eliminate wiring, converters and the tank to save on weight, then trash it. Otherwise it's too handy. Yes there are performance panelvans, but most of them (like mine) are still being used for dailies or work purposes where having LPG is still advantageous even today.

Keep the lpg and pull the petrol out My au gets about 600ks a tank on the hwy . Cost about $50 to fill the tank ..

If you put some more timing in it and it will go well also .

Only problem is in country towns it's hard to get lpg ..

It's kinda a unfinished project , I just put the 225 there because it fits better ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8337dceda19d8fd1ca66137e271f6170.jpg