jca4

Excel race car

139 posts in this topic

is that a starlet? the number 1 car, 

one of those chopped My XF ute up a hill in Tassie lol, i had a load in the back but it was still embarrassing 

Just a update on the daughter's racecar

918b7c59bb3ab1ba4f536f89b163bea0.jpg

e7d66a501f1e0e89e176b71552a1c06d.jpg

74b7ddcac9a7298a3623443fffb9ffae.jpg

Motor is out bit more welding done to the cage we have to change the steering rack ti a power steering and the box is all pulled apart so the diff can be licked up

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

deankdx likes this

how do the FWDs go with a locker in the front? does it make them understeer

From wat i have seen doesn't effect them I've never race tge front wheel drive myself but talking to people that do don't complain

deankdx likes this

Only just seen this thread, love that you're getting your daughter into it so early, plenty of young guns in speedway thats for sure! I started out in juniors as a 13/14 year old in a Datto, have now progressed into street stocks and my younger sister had a go in a datsun as well for 3 years and she's just turned 18 so moved up outta juniors. Definitely teaches them some driving skills!

jca4 likes this

Only just seen this thread, love that you're getting your daughter into it so early, plenty of young guns in speedway thats for sure! I started out in juniors as a 13/14 year old in a Datto, have now progressed into street stocks and my younger sister had a go in a datsun as well for 3 years and she's just turned 18 so moved up outta juniors. Definitely teaches them some driving skills!

Cheers mate

It's definitely something good for them to get into young and stay away from the drugs. But its a big family affair with us brother inlaw runs a modified the nephew has just started juniors mother inlaw helps run the canteens and the father inlaw is one of the scruiteneer and does the day lights thats just on the wifes side, i haven't raced for over 10 yrs and all my side was racers.

How do u find the street stocks? I'm helping a mate get one ready there just starting to get bigger here

15 minutes ago, jca4 said:

It's definitely something good for them to get into young and stay away from the drugs. But its a big family affair with us brother inlaw runs a modified the nephew has just started juniors mother inlaw helps run the canteens and the father inlaw is one of the scruiteneer and does the day lights thats just on the wifes side, i haven't raced for over 10 yrs and all my side was racers.

How do u find the street stocks? I'm helping a mate get one ready there just starting to get bigger here

Yeah nice, my old man has raced since i was a young kid and i've definitely grown up around it. Hes heavily involved in the scrutineering side and is head tech rep for vic currently.

Stockys are the best class mate, so competitive and close racing its mint.

jca4 likes this

Yeah nice, my old man has raced since i was a young kid and i've definitely grown up around it. Hes heavily involved in the scrutineering side and is head tech rep for vic currently.
Stockys are the best class mate, so competitive and close racing its mint.

Yea i like how its a cheaper class due to not being able to do much to them. We have a class here called the bundy bangers bit like a demo car but they wet the hell of the track and then get them to try to race on it good for a laugh at the end of the night and cheap as to do

Well the cage is all welded up now, found out it had the wrong diff in the box so had been on the hunt for a different one, we ended up finding that the getz has the one we were after so all back on track again.

deankdx likes this

Well i picked up the fiberglass hatch for the car to shit load of part turned up from the states yesterday, got the seat fitted up for where the daughter needs to be, also got some near new struts for it which have now gone in so it starting to come together now will get some more pics when i get back home on Monday

deankdx likes this

what was the issue with the diff? ratio wise and what's the difference... 

i've driven a EXCEL and an Getz .. the getz was zippier for i think the same size engine

what was the issue with the diff? ratio wise and what's the difference... 
i've driven a EXCEL and an Getz .. the getz was zippier for i think the same size engine

The ratio was wrong and my daughter would had to run 3rd gear or change tyre size to drop the ratio to run 2nd gear or it hits the rev limiter we are trying to find a 94 excel box as it as a different diff again but run with getz main shaft will change it again so we can get bit revs out of 2nd. I try to get the ratios later and put them up

Just a few more pics of the cage all done had to do a clean up of welds as it is going for paint shortly. We also finished mocking up the steering for the daughter today

286349f11aa549a4ea985fdd16afc330.jpg

5b6ac0b0016c6bdc6552c2c94bfd9e92.jpg

dd8278a39d0c4b306d3594894be0f46c.jpg

Thom likes this

that roll cage is particularly confidence inspiring.. looks more so than any other i have taken any interest in.

jca4 likes this

that roll cage is particularly confidence inspiring.. looks more so than any other i have taken any interest in.

Thanks dean its all been home made in the father inlaw shed

Looking good mate, cage looking well thought out too.

Cheers campo

The cage is all done to spec by speedway aus

14 minutes ago, jca4 said:

Cheers campo

The cage is all done to spec by speedway aus

Yeah my old man is the victorian head tech for speedway aus. Its pretty easy to try build a cage to spec and screw it up by not thinking it through properly however haha. I'm heading up your way this weekend actually to watch the kings royal, should be a good weekend. 

jca4 likes this

Yeah my old man is the victorian head tech for speedway aus. Its pretty easy to try build a cage to spec and screw it up by not thinking it through properly however haha. I'm heading up your way this weekend actually to watch the kings royal, should be a good weekend. 

Yea i remember u saying that. The kings royal should be good watching there is a good turn out

3 minutes ago, jca4 said:

Yea i remember u saying that. The kings royal should be good watching there is a good turn out

Yep gunna be huge. Good drinking weather too!

jca4 likes this