Server maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
uterus

Zh extractors.

Ok quick question my zh i have just recently installed the engine and now im hoping that the extractors will actually fit on with the startor motor in and engine in place. Last thing i want is to have to take it out again. :-( i have hi tech headers.

Most times, you can pull the long bolt out of the engine mounts and lift the engine, to slip them in. 

Not all extractors are the same, ebay says they are, but, some are different, XA -XC, XW-XY, manual, auto. May need to fab a heat shield for the starter or clutch slave. 

I have the more compact tri-ys on mine (not tuned) and still needed to take the starter out. If i wanted to keep it in, i'd have to either take out the steering box or have the thing on a hoist to get the extractors up into it at a sharper angle. Mine are also split between 1-2 and 3-4 with a slip joint to allow separate fitment of each section. Passenger side was no drama and is one piece.

It's just the way falcons are shaped with the big clevo lump in there.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Hi guys i ended up pulling the engine back out to fit them it was so much easier im getting pretty good at getting an engine in and out in under 2.5 hours on my own lol

I finally got the exhausts in different extractors were used before so these didnt fit. 

So i did a bit of modifying!

PxFYSMW.jpg

fwMopwG.jpg

And as you can see in the first pic the bumper only had 1 cut out so i made another.

mV3BybD.jpg

hH0UQPb.jpg

y0FFPPI.jpg

LAQDUrE.jpg

All in all im pretty happy. I will start a build thread tonorrow just a teaser of what ive been up to the last couple of days.

22 minutes ago, bear351c said:

Cool stuff. Looks way better with 2 pipes. B)

Drivers side looks to be pointing up a bit, or is it the photo.? 

Yeah it points up about 6mm more that the passengers side one but once id realised i just didnt care. Plus when its of the ramps you cant tell luckily :)

yIRviau.jpg

eENwgQV.jpg

Gh4biyz.jpg

You can hardly tell :)

They do point up but i was trying to fit in between the springs and inbetween the fuel tank and miss the floor pan then have it tucked under the bumper and thats how i did it :)

love the rainbow lol, makes up for the 2 guns firing from the bumper :ph34r: 

welded with a stick welder? good job, last time i did exhaust with one My mate didn't have a mask/lense, so it was done blind(head turned away..) yours is much neater

looks old skool tuff.. just how a ZH should

3 hours ago, deankdx said:

love the rainbow lol, makes up for the 2 guns firing from the bumper :ph34r: 

welded with a stick welder? good job, last time i did exhaust with one My mate didn't have a mask/lense, so it was done blind(head turned away..) yours is much neater

looks old skool tuff.. just how a ZH should

Haha yeah my daughter loves her rainbows 😂Nah mate mig welder :) its one time i favour my mig over the stick. :) im a sheetmetal worker by trade so i love making stuff :) i gave it up nearly 4 years ago after 20 years of doing it just lost the passion for it. Now i work full time at bunnings and suprisignly the pasdion for fabricating has come back and i love working on cars and 18 months ago i cut the rust out of this zh so i know it was done properly. Found sum more yesterday in the chassis so i will plate that too. 

I love the patina on this old beast... Dont change a single thing i reckon. Ok maybe some bitchin wheels, dump it on its guts, slap some rego on it and drive its arse off

3 hours ago, gerg said:

I love the patina on this old beast... Dont change a single thing i reckon. Ok maybe some bitchin wheels, dump it on its guts, slap some rego on it and drive its arse off

Hahaha and here i was thinking sand it down and paint it but yes i kind of like the way it looks also lol it will stay the same hight as i love the look of them that high and it has air gas struts in the back so pump them up high in the rear 70s style 😂 and i have cleaned up one of those rims and looks ok but i am looking for sum hotwires atm. Im really old school when it comes to my cars. Its registered already so thats a plus and i drove it yesterday for tbe first time and shit it was awesome. Full electrics as its the marquis and im avtually doing it up for my son who is 13 its his 17th birthday present will always remain in my name gor insurance reasons and when he wants a new car like most kids do i will get it back :)