Sign in to follow this  
ICEWOLF

EFI XE vs XF parts

Been looking at hoses, leads and plugs for the XE and wondering why the XFs have different parts. Weren't the EFI XE and EFI XFs much the same engine and engine bay wise? 

If not any one know what the differences were?

dissy cap and leads were different style on XFs, couldn't tell you what else.. you could use the XF cap and leads(need the spacer from XF also, and leaded XF rotor button) if XE stuff is unavailable? not many know what a leaded XF rotor button is either though. 

Is it worth switching over to the xf style cap and leads? Could do it if it's a better design since I am replacing both at the same time. Don't know about the spacer you mentioned though. Where does that go?

The heater hoses being different was the main one I was concerned about as I will have to order them in since no one stocks them these days. Don't want to end up with the wrong ones

XE used a Bosch Jetronic fuel injection system, it was very simple with no distributor control, and mechanical operation of things like the fast idle.

XF got Ford's EEC4, a Ford injection system based on what was being used in the states. Much more was controlled by the computers including distributor advance, fast idle/air bypass settings etc.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

i'd keep it simple and use the XE leads and cap..and rotor button
the XF had a 2 part dissy cap, probably to make it easier to get it out from under the inlet manifold with the taller post terminals. 
haven't heard of one being better than the other. only reason i have ever switched is because i wrecked a car that had new cap and leads prior to being wrecked