Lord_fahrquhar

Mains and Headbolts

Performance Wholesale do the head studs in a kit. Maybe even the mains too but the main studs are 351 windsor size from memory? Happy to be wrong but bolt spec would be easy enough to sort and convert to stud.

I use 302 w main stud kits with my stud girdles and I bought the head studs individually from summit when the dollar was good. I'll have the individual part number somewhere. But to be honest with the dollar being not so good, it would be cheaper and easier to buy the lot from Performance Wholesale. 

Harmonics flog em out at RPM pretty well.

Limits,plenty of cheap valve spring xflows with turbos hanging off the side (still slower then good NAT ASP 1's BTW) that you could ask maybe ? Most NAT ASP guys build em properly cos xflows break all the same shit in the same manner till you do all the have too's on em LOL. 

Other benefits are easier to assemble and disassemble. Heck I main studs,head studs,pan studs,manifold studs,carb studs,exhaust studs and if I could I'd run block studs for the gear box but you don't have enough room to mount it all while in the car.Stud's are da bom to work with.  

INLET - ARP 400-2403 these are carb stud kits you need 3

EXH - ARP 435-2101

CAM PALTE - ARP 234-1001

FLEXPALTE - ARP 200-2302

SUMP STUDS - ARP 245-1901

ARP HEAD STUD - AR5-250-1LB

ARP HEAD STUD WASHER - APW1316N

ARP HEAD STUD NUT - APN12-1

Mains I reused stock, never failed on me, with a girdle I use the 300CI studs, they come in a pack for the US 300ci 6 cyl

As the the steel behaves differently from one alloy to another, you go with whatever the bolt manufacturer reckons is right. They have also factored in the different torque requirements of the fine thread vs coarse ie: a fine thread will have a higher tension on the bolt than a course one for a given torque setting.

It may well be that the stronger alloy needs more tension on it to "stay tight". I would get the block line-honed with the studs already installed and torqued as the higher tension will distort the block more than standard ones.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk