SPArKy_Dave

Crossflow Pushrods

Does anyone know what the standard length is, for stock pushrods in an Alloy Head Crossflow?
I've got lengths of 9.682, and 9.652... which one is correct?

Also, what performance options are out there for pushrods, and are they worth it?
(knowing that pushrods are kind of a safety mechanism for Crossy's)

i have a set here exactly like that sly they are thick as your finger,but they didnt fit thru the guide plates ,as i went for the next size down,the ones i used must be placed with the 210 ball end towards the rocker,also milling of surfaces ,and converting to screw in studs and roller rockers will change length ,also head gasket size,thats why they make a adjustable pushrod to get your correct length,but if your putting a set of bolt on hyd roller rockers 5/16th on a running engine,std length pushrods are a good place to start or at least measure the ones that came out of it and replace with hardend or crome moly if you can afford it.

i took apart a crossy today for the head and cam to go to usa and it had caps on top of the valve stems and also weird taperd pushrods i have never seen b4 or are these older iron head gear ?

I told you they were crazy for them
How much did you sell them for?

On 23/09/2017 at 11:13 PM, deankdx said:

mark might have spares, he's wrecked a few crossflows
stick 3 more in, she'll be right

Yep, got a couple of sets in the shed from 3 engines i pulled down, 2 were 200 xflows (just for the conrods)

I bought new pushrods for my crossy back in 2011 from Crow Cams, just standed replacement ones of course