CHESTNUTXE

2/96 XG UTE FIND

180 posts in this topic

I just scored this 2/96 xg ute unsure what it really is cause its been debadged she is 1 of 46 made in 1996 as outback jack has said,its coming tomorrow morning but from what i have seen it has power mirrors,and nice trim on seats and door cards,auto t bar,engine is siezed and in peices in the back,has 3.45 diff white factory sticker on right hand side of housing,very dark blue metalic paint unsure if factory ,altho engine bay is same color,xh rear bumper,smartlock is broken from wrecker smashing it to turn wheels ,no dash cluster,so will be interesting if someone no's how to decode the tag's,could be a xr6 maybe ? dont no if any GLI'S came with 3.45 from all the ones i have seen they are 3.27.pNxKXXzg_o.jpg

S pack going by the Etis site. http://www.etis.ford.com/

bit of copy paste in paint to get it all on one pic below.. 

if you can show ford a receipt for purchase you should be able to get a verification letter from 13ford and it will have the list of options on it(if it had 3.45 diff optioned etc.. doubt it)

nrmILqL.jpg

Outback Jack likes this

31 minutes ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

trim is good,also has a million adjusts on the seats .6OhBfwzH_o.jpg

haven't seen that trim before, guessing not factory either. (oh, unless its XH style and is how it came?)show a pic of the adjusts? lumbar dial on the drivers seat looks EF /EL style

revhead and CHESTNUTXE like this

Not sure on rear bar..... here is back of mine... 96 model .

Havent seen an XH here in ages.fdd606092cd9b9823bc97579ef843bc8.jpg

Surely cant be an XH.... it would have an e-series front... and dates too early.

Must be XG with mods.

Mine is same month too.... sistas!!!!!

Lol

2cca1d6eef736ae95202685ccf569b8f.jpg

Sent from my GT-S7583T using Tapatalk

It could possibly be a 60th anniversary ute as they had full instrument and came with a bull bar but again it would've had to be a 94 for that, not to sure but looks really straight, heaps of parts or possibly restore?

CHESTNUTXE likes this

No XG I know of ever came with a one-piece rear-clip from factory. XGs only had matching bumper-ettes, the one-piece clip were unique to XH models only. I suspect XG with XH mods, but the XH rear clip is easy to augment onto older models and is fairly popular with previous X-series commercials: I've seen plenty of XF and XGs with a XH rear clip .

I don't recognise the seat pattern either from my XH, suspect special S-pack patterns for the XG as the seat patterns match the door-cards (unless someone got very creative with fabrics as a custom mod). Lumber adjusts however come as standard with my XH, so it may have been a fabric-only upgrade from your XG seats to my XH seats.

My first look at this ute 2 days ago was um err maybe i really only wanted the 3.45 diff ,seats n door trims and the tub liner all for my 92 xf build atm,but he nearly wanted as much for that stuff as the whole car which nothing had been ratted off it yet,it does have some rust in rear tray,at the rear but when i get it tomorrow rose and i will start to clean it up then take a 2nd look at it,the cluster is missing,no key or smartlock ignition broken by wrecker to steer it:unsure:could be replaced i suppose,what do you think about putting the xh rear bar on the xf ute ? engine is siezed and in pieces in the back,but about 95% car all there,wouldnt take too much to put it back on the road,but i think i will put the very nice seats and door trims on the xf,tub liner,and fit the free ed wagon 2.92 diff into place to keep it rolling,then sell it cheap with the bull bar and ba xr6 wheels to someone who wants to do a barra conversion as the xg is popular for this,if anyone wants it really cheap just pm me,it will have other xg bucket seats put back in it and std door trims or i will just wreck it myself but i would prefer to get rid of it whole .