Server maintenance Read more... ×
Xgpaddywagon

Xg panelvan relays

yeah figured you must be in the middle of nowhere by the comments. 
i reckon if you break down in Melbourne and leave the car for an hour at night theres every chance it will have its windows smashed, number plates taken and probably more
Melbourne was voted most livable city for some reason?

Ha I think I'd rather live in the middle of nowhere , kinda know what to expect from the locals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if it's an XG the engine is an EB ED engine and so is the way the wiring works.. pic of XG below
MFEPJFM.jpg
if you have an XH, then the EF is the book you'd want
pic below of the XH

280px-1996_Ford_Falcon_(XH)_Longreach_GLi_utility_(2010-07-08).jpg

Ok it's an xg. Are EB ED engines wiring one & the same ? U can see the XG door is out of alignment mines the same - must be that model lol

. Are EB ED engines wiring one & the same ? engine is the same, wiring is the same to a degree... locations of relays etc are in different spots because the ute is unique, same for the dash wiring but the bones of it is much the same

regarding the door, it will likely be cracked at the bottom where the lower hinge bolts on.. thats for XD to XH pretty much, people letting the door get blown open too far i reckon.

that XG pic was one i repaired, i bought it damaged, fitted an XF mudgaurd  that was a bit bent.. didn't have enough carefactor to align it for he photo.(probably 15yrs ago, i only had hat ute for 6 months, didn't like it. went back to XF or older.. and would do same again now.. far less complicated ..side affect, rustier due to age)

DkEAiML.jpg

. Are EB ED engines wiring one & the same ? engine is the same, wiring is the same to a degree... locations of relays etc are in different spots because the ute is unique, same for the dash wiring but the bones of it is much the same
regarding the door, it will likely be cracked at the bottom where the lower hinge bolts on.. thats for XD to XH pretty much, people letting the door get blown open too far i reckon.
that XG pic was one i repaired, i bought it damaged, fitted an XF mudgaurd  that was a bit bent.. didn't have enough carefactor to align it for he photo.(probably 15yrs ago, i only had hat ute for 6 months, didn't like it. went back to XF or older.. and would do same again now.. far less complicated ..side affect, rustier due to age)
DkEAiML.jpg

I did put an XF door on the drivers side as I couldn't get an XG handle for it & yes the old one was cracked at the bottom as well, so I thought just swap the whole thing out for an xf with good handle which got a plate welded over a slight crack & changed the catch on the body it's not quite lined up and rubbing on the lower corner under the hinge . I've since found out you can use an XF left handle turned around to fit an XG right door pretty logical as the arm inside is opposite on each model , I'd really like to use the old XG door with a hinge plate welded in & hopefully I kept the catch bit to suit . The rubbers , interior & side mirror we're in better nick . I'll ask my boarder who's a bit of a panel beater if he's up for it & what he reckons about swapping the handles out for EB I saw a pic on the Ford mods site & looked good . I also saw there are hinge repair kits available. Rather do it properly than the quick fix it got last time .