CHESTNUTXE

ACTION MANS 92 XF UTE

2,532 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, gerg said:

Valve float occurs at 4001 rpm

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

mine had heavy or double valve springs and still stopped revving at 4000, not sure how you got that extra(wondered if it was dissy related originally(99% sure it was cam, because it pulled from idle)

CHESTNUTXE likes this

the only way to get this engine a bit more together without taking it out and fitting flat tops is change the cam down to a more c/r freindly camtech and tighe do some entry level solids around 225/230 @50,with minimum 9.5.1,as ive just been reading about the bleed off of big cams ,thats why yee need big comp,im even considering trying a hyd with anti pumps just for the hell of it ,plenty off smaller cams to choose from ,the crow 14776 is very popular.

what is a factory hp rating at the wheels of a stocker ? 90 ? i no the later xf crossys had 120kw flywheel efi i think

8 minutes ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

did he say a 100hp ?

that was Me yelling out "GO FOR 100"  KW  at the wheels

2 minutes ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

what is a factory hp rating at the wheels of a stocker ? 90 ? i no the later xf crossys had 120kw flywheel efi i think

not sure, think the stock blue one made 87?

the white efi had extractors 2.5" exhaust and cold air intake pod behind bumper, stock otherwise made 107rwkw a mild 4.0 EB  made 109rwkw also on that day

gerg, Outback Jack and CHESTNUTXE like this

what is a safe limit to rev these things ??? 5500 ? 
I used to spin the stock crossy in my xe to 6k daily as I was trying to kill it, that was years ago and it's still running now in my xp

Outback Jack, roKWiz and CHESTNUTXE like this

31 minutes ago, Thom said:
36 minutes ago, CHESTNUTXE said:
What cam thom

Back then stock, it was just a freaky stock engine it went better in stock form than a couple of warmed up crossflows I had before it

i had an XC bottom end with XE head and it was also a weapon, smokey oil burner rattler that i wish i kept and rebuilt rather than fitting the 351

CHESTNUTXE, Thom and Outback Jack like this

Dont change the cam you puss.. up the compression. Shave it... flat tops .... whatever , but get it up there.

Changing cams is giving up.
Its not even dialled in yet.

Stick to da plan man.

Jack.

Sent from my GT-S7583T using Tapatalk

Valvebouncer likes this

I rev my xflow to 6800 . Loves it 

yours is fully preped and ballanced yes ? Then don't worry about it coming apart . 

Just send it ! 

Edited by Grimmy
Ando81 likes this