CHESTNUTXE

ACTION MANS 92 XF UTE

2,043 posts in this topic

yes over the next few days i will try a few different curves,it still needed a bit of soughting,tomorrow i might pull the dizzy and re install it so i can get it over 34 deg as it wouldnt go in the same slot as b4 for some reason,i want to set it at 36 total and work back from there and clean the slate,but i would recomend anyone thinking about getting a msd is buy it,there is so much you can do with the 6al-2 ,next question is how do you set the map sensor up correctly ? broken wheel said its working but does it do something automaticly or do you need to play with it ? 

Setting it up is as simple as connecting it to the intake manifold. It gets a 5V supply from the 6al2, plus a ground and will give 0-5V output back to the 6al2 depending on manifold pressure. So close to 0V output at 0 psi absolute (maximum vacuum) and closer to 5V at 14.7 psi absolute (one atmosphere, 0 Hg, 1BAR absolute). Thats all there is to it.

Outback Jack and CHESTNUTXE like this

32 minutes ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

so i dont need to touch it ?

If it's wired up to the 6al2 correctly  and plumbed to the intake manifold, you should be good. 

CHESTNUTXE likes this

ok i set the locked timing at about 34-35 deg,then did a few test drives with various changes in the curve,it still needed big timing down low so at the end i set it to 24 idle then ramp to 3500 all in drove ok,got it too 113km in 3rd b4 backing off revs were about 4000 odd as i have no taco atm still plenty revs there if you wanna ring the neck out of it,i imagine about 180 to 190kph in 4th with 3.45 gearing  but i doubt it would reach that on the 1/4 probly 160kph if lucky,anyway will continue on today with maybe 1 more setting and play around.

yesterday i changed the front jets to 59 and the rear from76 to 68 and it nearly died in the ass going up a hill,so that aint good so i swapped it back to the original 68 front and 76 rear and going all well on thismornings test drive,i just spoke to tighe enginerring and he said have you checked the settings hot on the clearance which i havent,he said if its too tight it will be a dog and that is where too start b4 ordering a smaller cam,so i will warm it up and check no 1 cyl ,must be exactly on spec 22 exhaust and 20 inlet for proper performance so i will warm it up and chex it out ,its definatly noisyer when warm so my guess its gunna be close but we will see.

General consensus is any more than 4 jet sizes up or down from what it came with means you have the wrong carby.

Best off making small changes (2 sizes at a time) rather than being so far off that you don't know where to go from there.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

CHESTNUTXE and Outback Jack like this

a you tube video said anything up to 10 sizes and if still no good then wrong carby,i was gunna buy the 450 d/p but went for the 650,anyway i reckon its more what you are saying in 4 sizes,64 definatly made a difference and even 66 will get a go as they are only 10 bucks a pair,anyway i warmed the engine up and checked the settings on the rocker gap and some were ok and mostly the exhausts were too tight by up to 8 thou,so i re did nearly the whole lot at hot and the cold settings of 8 and 10 thou are a good place to start,with 12 and 14 being around the money cold on this set up,any way its all back together and continuing on.i also bought a tiny 5/16th spanner for the carby bolts as 8mm is a tad too big and 7 to small.HXiUsXEH_o.jpgBHQLbwuB_o.jpg

gerg likes this

the fookin carby is dropped down 2 inches from where it was and its sooooo close to the towers not even the 1/4 drive can get in there,east/west is very tight  both sides to cover and tower.

Slow250XC likes this

ok thismornings test drive down (conrod straight) saw nice performance and could definatly here the rocker noise a bit more after re setting the lash at hot temp to spec,not too noisy tho.

i managed to get the highest vaccum reading so far using the 1/2 inch spacer and it was around six but now ive got it too nearly 9 using the std jetting,just turning the 4 corner idle 1/8th turn at a time on all 4 corners,tomorrow might even try to better it until it starts to fall over.

i managed to get the highest vaccum reading so far using the 1/2 inch spacer and it was around six but now ive got it too nearly 9 using the std jetting,just turning the 4 corner idle 1/8th turn at a time on all 4 corners,tomorrow might even try to better it until it starts to fall over.
Got the larger pulley painted just need the non a/c waterpump72650ae4152a56ccab9f608643704056.jpg

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

i did a test video under acceleration in 2nd and 3rd ,up to 100km it was no where near redline ,i still dont have a taco,but revs out mean ,can someone do their trick with downloading it here from you tube its called crossy test,thanks.

thanks dean,i have been driving it with about 10deg of advance in the msd plot,from base 24 to about 34 ish at all in by 3000,and seems to be performing quite well.

i was reading a usa site about a trick set up on timing should only have about 10 to 12 deg of play to keep it up on the power ect,just starting it at initial 12 or 14 the engine just dies and doesnt like it,even at 24 initial it could go another 2 deg i reckon then ramp up to all in at 3000,seems to be going well ,i plan to buy a smaller solid cam with about 224 at fifty thou,to replace the monster thats in it atm as im doing a lot more driving in it as i first thought,that way i will have more street drivabilty,and i dont need to put flat tops to up the comp,will keep that cam for the next build.