CHESTNUTXE

ACTION MANS 92 XF UTE

2,529 posts in this topic

I JUST got home from a trip to brizzy and got this 6/92 xf ute,its not bad for the money i paid for it,this is the ute should have bought when i got that blue xg,this car will carry the new crossy i have built.t5qKFXNK.jpg

roKWiz and Valvebouncer like this

she's a factory t bar but not sure if they came with this shifter handle,seems xg stuff,but could be a lot of stuff was put on those late crossflow utes maybelcS7pTHb.jpg

has the later style seat rails,eb/xg type,its possible these floorpans may take both older and newer rails,i will check when i strip it,cause i have a good set of xf seats.F4uVP05x.jpg

tailgate seems original,with GL badge,gas is also fitted underneath but im gunna remove that,plus all the extra wiring in the engine bay,it only has the std dash,seems the wheels on it are off a ef/el ? they are 15''Ae8nvzQO.jpg

XFs had drums... better handbrakes..

that shifter is probably correct, My 1991 XF was column shift so no idea on Tbar version.. pretty sure Chris(polson) has bolted in normal buckets into the later floor pan ute

ED /EF classic wheels, My XG S pack had those wheels from factory also..pic below(fuma pest)

DkEAiML.jpg

fixed below

MFEPJFM.jpg

CHESTNUTXE likes this

Series 3 XF Commercial's had the orange button t-bar handle still.
And obviously those seats aren't correct for the grey interior.

The lower sticker is interesting! Maybe a Ford or Dealer promo pack?

2 minutes ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

dean see how my side moulds are white,i dont think they came like that someone must ave painted em.

yeah front bar might have been full grey when new also.. 
i'd probably paint them like My XG was(My XF was same look as the XG also) 

colour coding shit was a FAD that is over now.. 

i have the original seats in the back,the trim is still good but seat foam is gone on drivers side,i have 4 sets of seats here i can fit better ones,the front bumper is thick n glossy but doesnot have the side blinkers,but it does have the guard reflectors.

i have never owned a xf ute before or xd or e but this ute is a good starting point for my new project,i will strip it,give a paint job,fix all the little jobs ,and will start in the morning with a pressure wash and general cleaning to see what the dirt is hiding:huh:

nah ive done that just gunna go for a clean looking xf with the new rebuilt single rail and crossflow,i will change the dash to a e series taco cluster,rip out all heavy unessersary items,stereo,speakers,tub lid,ect,,,loose the a/c which dont work,im glad i dont have the smartlock and the other k frame stuff on that xg that i would have had to modify,a 5 speed ed wagon just came in at the wreckers and im hoping its got a taco cluster as i will grab it.

cluster wont plug in..
to even fit it, you'll need a cluster mount and fascia from XG, then make a loom adaptor to merge it to the XF wiring... and work around the fuel guage not talking the same language..(few ways to get around that.. depending on if electrical is your thing)

2 minutes ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

huh ? i fitted one to my xg i thought thats just a xf dash ?

grasshopper.. 
XF is not an XG..
you'll see if you pull the cluster out, plug is different..  i made a loom once and modded the fuel guage.. not sure if @XTREME KARTS XF still has it?

1 minute ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

will any of the other xf style clusters just plug in ? like the star war's one or just a normal s pack xf cluster ?

yep, XF s pack or star wars is plug n play with the addition of the oil sender

CHESTNUTXE likes this

yep thats the go,i no there is one at the wreckers i will check tomorrow,also a bloke has a few starwars ones up the road i will see if he wants to part with one.