hendrixhc

The Stupidest thing i saw today was.......

145 posts in this topic

The stupidest thing i saw today was a young lady driving along Hutt Road in her car filing her finger nails. Dont worry about steering lovey!

Hope the rear steering locks out at speed... There's a reason cars don't steer from the rear any more than a few degrees, and that's stability.
My brother used to have a 4 Wheel Steer Prelude (mechanical not electric too), at any more than a few degrees steering the rear wheels would actually steer the same angle as fronts rather than opposite, for high speed stability.

Eg, instead of going like this
/ /
\ \

They would point like this
/ /
/ /

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

My brother used to have a 4 Wheel Steer Prelude (mechanical not electric too), at any more than a few degrees steering the rear wheels would actually steer the same angle as fronts rather than opposite, for high speed stability.

Eg, instead of going like this
/ /
\ \

They would point like this
/ /
/ /

Yep I had a couple of them back home. Honda got it right, but it’s just more stuff to wear out.
I think Mazda did it with the mx6 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep I had a couple of them back home. Honda got it right, but it’s just more stuff to wear out.
I think Mazda did it with the mx6 as well.

More stuff to wear yeah, but phenomenal handling for a FWD car.

Valvebouncer likes this

More stuff to wear yeah, but phenomenal handling for a FWD car.

I didn’t think it was that great. I went from the prelude to a da6 integra and the integra out handled the poolude easily.
Would love another clean integra any day

Valvebouncer likes this

Eunos sedan had it too. Talk about unecessary gadgets. The "Miller Cycle" 2.3 V6 was supercharged, went about as hard as a 3.0, but with twice the amount of shit in the engine bay

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Defective likes this

I didn’t think it was that great. I went from the prelude to a da6 integra and the integra out handled the poolude easily.
Would love another clean integra any day

Same.
I had an integra ls ( can’t remember the body number) had cai, Porsche turbo fuel injectors, extractors and 2 1/2 inch exhaust and some secondhand aftermarket cams I bought from a jap importer. I got the shits with it after blowing up the 3rd rebuilt gearbox and sold it for a khii tx3 turbo .
The integra used to keep up with gen 3 commodores when they first came out up to 100kmh.
Defective likes this

2 hours ago, Valvebouncer said:

Same.
I had an integra ls ( can’t remember the body number) had cai, Porsche turbo fuel injectors, extractors and 2 1/2 inch exhaust and some secondhand aftermarket cams I bought from a jap importer. I got the shits with it after blowing up the 3rd rebuilt gearbox and sold it for a khii tx3 turbo .
The integra used to keep up with gen 3 commodores when they first came out up to 100kmh.

Mine was a 1990 I think,,first model to run a vtec motor. B16a, stock mine ran 15 flat on the 1/4, which wasn't too shabby for a little 1600cc n/a haha. 

Did all the usual vtec mods and gained sweet fa haha. Sounded awesome at the vtec crossover though.

Valvebouncer likes this

That sounds like a grey import. Mine was a 1990 model with the 1800 non vtec motor. The same body vehicle was sold with the b16a motor just about everywhere in the world but here, typical. I love to get my hand on one of those. Brilliant car none the less.

The integra’s ended up with their own version of 4ws if they weren’t maintained. The big bush in the rear trailing arm/ switch blade would flog out and the arse end would gently fish tail at high speed. Nothing you couldn’t power out of though.

Defective and gerg like this