Server maintenance Read more... ×
xr6tjet

XE EFI Upgrade

Hi guys,

Looking to put a bit of muscle in my XE EFI which currently is a bog stock 110xxx motor runs perfect. I would like to put a decent sized cam in it and upgrade the EFI setup and ditch the AFM.

What sort of mods have people done in terms of ECU with room to upgrade? I have heard running an EA/EA2 ECU is an easy upgrade for these and you can run the maf sensor then and you have tuning capabilities for a big CAM etc. Any feedback would be awesome!

Regards, Alex.

Barra is an option, but Id like to keep the matching number engine in use. A cammed crossflow sounds awesome I am stoked with my XF.

I've got a barra powered AU so for me it's nothing new. But I have a love for the old 250, I would like to see if I could modernise the EFI arrangement. That's why I was thinking EFI with an EA ecu.

5 hours ago, slydog said:

This ^^^ old school look modern running

There was an early mustang up at our local ford day with one on his 6 banger. Walked past and almost missed it. Another guys running one on his clevo never been on a dyno and runs high 11's. Says could do with some dyno time to sort out how it runs on a cold start but once its up to temp runs faultlessly.

18 hours ago, blu xe said:

How about aussie speed 4 barrel manifold and the throttle body self tuning efi deals that are getting chucked on everything lately.

I had been considering the fitech efi carb. Cheaper than Holley and imo looks better.

But then i really want triple jenvey heritage's with emerald ecu.

There's even an msd option now too. Lots of possibility's for you

Ando did one of those setups on a 6 cylinder Mustang a while back he posted it up on his Facebook page

Sure did. The new Holley system is the one to get in my opinion. Better self learning and easy laptop fine tuning. This MSD system took some sorting and it's now sweet but it would have been easier with the new Holley set up. 3eee9dc87db99e62341ae188fe6c175a.png1177fc9ce886fc835b19598e532b99dc.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sure did. The new Holley system is the one to get in my opinion. Better self learning and easy laptop fine tuning. This MSD system took some sorting and it's now sweet but it would have been easier with the new Holley set up. 3eee9dc87db99e62341ae188fe6c175a.png1177fc9ce886fc835b19598e532b99dc.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is that the Holley Sniper EFI? I've been reading up on it and it has really good reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. That's the one. It is very expandable and easily fine tuned. I'd choose it over this system. 

If I was ever to modify the XF Ghia, I think I'd use a 4 barrel manifold and the Holley, keep it simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk