Server maintenance Read more... ×
Grabber

XH XR8 Steering

EF and EL are different from each other and XH is different again (from what i've been told) I used an XH 6 cylinder one for my XH V8 S Pac (mine doesnt have the fast ratio steering rack like XR models do) Bolted straight in and no issues. They only go on one way as there's flats on each end for the pinch bolt to pass through. You'll be able to do it in about 5 minutes, change it out from underneath the car (thats how i did mine being a V8, 6 cylinders through the engine bay given the amount of room there is) You'll need a hammer, flat blade screw driver (helps with opening up the clamp ends) 10mm spanner or a 3/8 drive ratchet, socket and breaker bar (use the breaker bar/handle first so you dont destory the ratchet mechanism)

9 hours ago, XTREME KARTS XF said:

EF and EL are different from each other and XH is different again (from what i've been told) I used an XH 6 cylinder one for my XH V8 S Pac (mine doesnt have the fast ratio steering rack like XR models do) Bolted straight in and no issues. They only go on one way as there's flats on each end for the pinch bolt to pass through. You'll be able to do it in about 5 minutes, change it out from underneath the car (thats how i did mine being a V8, 6 cylinders through the engine bay given the amount of room there is) You'll need a hammer, flat blade screw driver (helps with opening up the clamp ends) 10mm spanner or a 3/8 drive ratchet, socket and breaker bar (use the breaker bar/handle first so you dont destory the ratchet mechanism)

Will need a tape measure on a stick too, to reset the toe-in/out if removing the rack-ends. May sound agricultural but it works fine.