Slow250XC

Slow250xc's Slow 250 XC

79 posts in this topic

Yup never had rear belts. Heres a quick list.

1978 falcon 500

Trim strip down the side, chrome screen and gutter moldings (none on the door frames).  Drivers side mirror only on outside.

Hi comp ironhead with bw35 and 2.92 open diff.disc front, drum rear.

Radio but no clock. Standard dash. No intermittent wipers. No rear seatbelts. Front bucket seats have belts but front center seat does not.

Being a 1978 with ford oval badges should give it rear swaybar too i think but never had that either.

Hows that sound in comparison. Have original owners paperwork in a box somewhere havent seen since about 3 house moves ago.

Were build sheets ever tied under dashes anywhere?

Valvebouncer likes this

And great news yesterday, finished fitting studs and guideplates to the head. Was a good set but 10 out of 12 needed a bit of filing to line the rockers up nice and central on the valve stems. 

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/crn-52655-2

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/lun-15380-1

Using these, quality seems good so far, time will tell i suppose.

But the good news i mentioned earlier... the rocker cover fits without modding. Sat it on there with no gasket and it didn't move at all. Easy win for the new year!!!

Yup never had rear belts. Heres a quick list.
1978 falcon 500
Trim strip down the side, chrome screen and gutter moldings (none on the door frames).  Drivers side mirror only on outside.
Hi comp ironhead with bw35 and 2.92 open diff.disc front, drum rear.
Radio but no clock. Standard dash. No intermittent wipers. No rear seatbelts. Front bucket seats have belts but front center seat does not.
Being a 1978 with ford oval badges should give it rear swaybar too i think but never had that either.
Hows that sound in comparison. Have original owners paperwork in a box somewhere havent seen since about 3 house moves ago.
Were build sheets ever tied under dashes anywhere?

It sounds very close to our base falcon 500 other than the seatbelt thing. My first car was a 1981 TF cortina gl, it never had a passenger side mirror either.

The build sheet is usually under the carpet in the front.
Slow250XC likes this

No progress this weekend. Saving my frustrations for next weekend when the motor should be getting dropped in, new exhaust made and first run round the block with the 4 speed. All going to plan that is

Valvebouncer likes this

8 hours ago, deankdx said:

that's a fancy flywheel for a crossflow!

i had a flywheel off a transit van(crossflow) was much heavier than a falcon one(and unnecessary )

See the first page for an uncovered pic of the flywheel. Steel billet weighing in at 6kg, 6.5kg with ringgear. Crowd here in NZ has em cnc'd and sells to the speedway crowd. I just had to redrill the holes to 7/16.

One of my clutch and brake suppliers sorted the clutch for me, i just had to drill 3 more bolt holes in the pressure plate.

deankdx likes this