CHESTNUTXE

AGENT ORANGE 250

I picked up this crossy today for $50 seems to be a bit of mix of parts,she is a 80da probly out of a xd seems to have a xc rocker cover,and alloy head unmarked could be a very early one,will see when i strip it down.Also seems to be on its rags :blink:GyiQxa2g.jpg

ok she is a july 1981 xd jg23ya so first of the alloy heads i imagine,i reckon its been rebuilt b4 ,i will strip it down and put some new welsh plugs and any other small rebuild bits over the next few months when nothing else to do.

i needed the room in the garage so i put this engine on e bay after weeks of no interest for $50 a guy from america asked me if i could sell him the head and camshaft and post it to a mate of his in melbourne for shipping to the states for a 200 c,i, engine  i said ok $200 and he bought it,just goes to show how far and wide someone will go for the crossy,altho i tried to tell him it might not fit his log motor without mods,he didnt seem to worried,i also gave him the aussie speed website and told him about our roller cams,and the ef crank upgrade on a later block,so tomorrow i will take the head off and pull the cam out and off she goes to a new home overseas,the rest i suppose is scrap,but i will keep the sump they seem to be hard to find one that aint damaged or dented.

i sent it all to a friend of his in melbourne aus,then it was shipped to usa so i dont no mate but if i come across another engine i can part it out and send it to you but its not going to be cheap.

It always depends where you are comparing it, Vintage Inlines sells aluminium head for old 200, but I think it is over 2000$ + shipping and they are out of stock.

If I could get shipping cheap enough to get complete engine it would be the best. 50 more cubes and then maybe BMW 6 speed tranny adapted behind that. I'm definetly not going to v8

why a 6 speed? those gearboxes are quite big for a classic car and probably requires metal sheet working and custom mounts and custom tailshafts.... the 250 crossflow comes with both toploader and T5 bellhousing patterns as well as C4

with alloy head and alloy water pump/timing cover the 250 crossflow is not a bad little engine, most can make 300HP quite easily and that's moving in a Mustang! would definitely make the small V8 cry like a baby