Sign in to follow this  
dex

Bloody resetting trip computer

Sumbitch trip computer keeps resetting the distance to empty ,, accompanied with that annoying ding ,ding , bloody ding ,,!

fuel guage still ok but .

seems to happen when on the brake pedal .

unknown if it has anything to do with the extra wiring thats been added to the tail lights to allow both sets of lamps to work in the rear with lights on , or the brake switch on the pedal . Or just a bung trip computer ,, as all else works just fine , and doesn't reset anything else.

Bloody annoying tho ,, as it comes n goes 

from memory the cluster surround needed to be removed, and the headlight and heater thingys on that needed to come off and there must be hidden screws, because they are broken all the time.

Having a read through a thread with the dull warning globe illuminates on the check panel when on the brakes ,, " thought that might have something to do with the added rear globes as well ,,,aint forums great " but the pix have been removed ,,

thought id get lucky on spying the hidden screws , but to no avail . 

Now ive noted no cruise control,, " never bothered to try it " 

hmmmm 

never done circut board soldering before ,,,,left that to the sparky boffins ..

looks like a week of trouble shooting 

12 minutes ago, deankdx said:

from memory the cluster surround needed to be removed, and the headlight and heater thingys on that needed to come off and there must be hidden screws, because they are broken all the time.

Ohhh no ,,

not the dash guages ,, the digital dash is fine ,,

so i get the pods bit now ,," the heater and lights pods ,,

no its the trip computer over the center of the dashboard that has the distance to empty/ fuel usage /time etc that is dicky ,,

resets the distance to empty to 0 

I thought you just pushed down lightly on the outter cover and liftered up from the bottom ,?

could be well and truly wrong but ,,

it " the cover face " does sortta move a bit when ,,,provoked 

Just remove cover and then there is three screws behind it to remove trip computer.

Dex I know someone who has soldered mine up for me, he's willing to take a look at yours too if you'd like?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk