CHESTNUTXE

250 manual bellhousings

The thing is that a early 1930's mercedes actualy had this ,it was foot activated and only came on at w.o.t.,supercharged foot activated you can probly google it,i might be wrong on year model bit its real,im sure thats where kenedy/miller idea came from.

On 7/12/2017 at 8:46 PM, CHESTNUTXE said:

i have the clarko's alloy sandwich plate and a normal bottom one if its needed.QicbYnIO.jpg

I am in St. Louis, MO - I have that bellhousing and a Crossflow 250 I am putting in an old Bronco (keeping mechanical linkage for clutch).  I was wondering if you had a part # for that clutch fork and the sandwich plate for that bell, as its the bell I have.  I have the dimension on the clutch fork and researching what over here would work, not having much luck finding those 2 parts on Ebay AU or anywhere.  Thank you! --Jim

getting hard to find jim but i can get you one,i have about 4 of them,bell is same as top loader or borgwarner single rail,circa 1973 in australia ,google clarkos performance in australia he sells them very cheap.

i am not sure if early mustang 200 was a 4 speed top loader ? fork should be the same,here we had the top loader behind our vintage 250 engines but will still fit crossflow ,bolt pattern is the same,3 speed is different,and you will need the correct thrust bearing 

11 hours ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

getting hard to find jim but i can get you one,i have about 4 of them,bell is same as top loader or borgwarner single rail,circa 1973 in australia ,google clarkos performance in australia he sells them very cheap.

I had checked out Clarkos based on this thread, its just the top of the sandwich plate, I need both pieces.  I know a guy that I can pay to water jet one, may end up doing that, or getting the clarkos top and waterjet the bottom.

i am not sure if early mustang 200 was a 4 speed top loader ? fork should be the same,here we had the top loader behind our vintage 250 engines but will still fit crossflow ,bolt pattern is the same,3 speed is different,and you will need the correct thrust bearing 

I am waiting on someone I emailed to tell me dimensions on an early 60s Ford clutch fork like a Falcon or Mustang - looks like I need 3-5/8" from the "crease" for the pivot to the end of the forks. My stock 66 Bronco with a 170 six was 4-1/2" for that dimension, but it was a 144 tooth ring gear  - it pushed the thrust bearing way off center.  - I put a new 157 tooth zero balance on the Crossflow.

jim clarko only does the top bit,and if you ask me its not really nessercary just use the factory one,i only bought it because i didnt have a factory one but it might save a tiny bit of weight,here is the australian part number ford thrust bearing you will need,usa should be similar ?0knkznQt_o.jpgJWKVGzrr_o.jpg

My LUK clutch kit came with a similar bearing, I think I'll be good to go with it, but I wont be sure until I get the correct fork.  What vehicle would have the correct fork/bell/sandwich plate, I have a 76DA block (84 aluminum head) and I've been trying to figure out your vehicles, like an XD Falcon?

nah they were all cable clutch,thats why hyd set up is rare to find these days,but any 6cyl falcon fitted with a 4 speed up to 1974 or possibly 75,Will have the correct fork,its much shorter than the v8 one,if you can wait i will go look for a part number on my spare ones.

nah they were all cable clutch,thats why hyd set up is rare to find these days,but any 6cyl falcon fitted with a 4 speed up to 1974 or possibly 75,Will have the correct fork,its much shorter than the v8 one,if you can wait i will go look for a part number on my spare ones.

That sorta explains some of my frustrations in finding what I want .  Thank you

i will shoot some pictures for you tomorrow as i need to go to work now,hey maybe you could send me a set of boss 302 heads:o

LOL, I'll send you a pic of the tracking # for them