CHESTNUTXE

84DA CROSSFLOW BUILD

nope,will get em next time the head comes off,i already jumped in months ago and started ordering stuff, didnt think about that so just using what i have first time around .

i couldnt work out how to screw the studs in while trying to get the right angles on the cut-guide plates so i rang ol.m8 and gave me some advice,i spent an hour dummy assembling the studs and rocker gear then marking in pen within a couple of thou where they should go b4 putting 45lbs on the studs,then if nesscercary use a tiny punch to adjust so the pushrod isnt hitting the guide plate wall,well something like that.57Q3YYea.jpg

i havent bought that gear yet but probly the blue msd epoxy coil and the red msd 6 as described in the tfi thread the streetfire is about $250 cheaper but what the hell another 2 or 300 bucks buys the good gear,all up the ignition is gunna be about a grand:blink:

The blue alloy body HVC coil is the pick for street use over the plastic cased unit. The plastic unit is for short burst use as stated by MSD and I have to say I have burn out a blue and red phenolic HVC body coil's but not a alloy unit yet.  

if your going to use the aussie speed heat soaker plate approx 8mm you will need longer intake bolts,and for some reason the first bolt hole is a but tight for a normal type bolt head,so i will use a allen key one with a very small spacer.Normal bolts will be fine if only using a gasket.Q7fALHNZ.jpg

Yep studs with a 12 point nut or socket head cap screws. The runner casting gets in the way of that bolt and it's worse the further you step the manifold off the head. You can safely grind away a bit of material and fit a normal bolt head, but who doesn't like socket head caps screws or studs with 12 point nuts. Only one bolt sexier than a socket head cap screw and that's a button head cap screw. Oh they just do it for me those button heads. Yes I know I'm weird.