Server maintenance Read more... ×
CHESTNUTXE

84DA CROSSFLOW BUILD

Almost got it all together now for the crossflow assembly,the nice aussiespeed rocker cover came thismorning,ol/m8 is gunna dummy assembly the bottom end to see where and how much to take off block ect.QnOugle2.jpg

rain has set in here,so back to the garage,just got new dizzy parts to fit to the xf dizzy,gunna get the housing cleaned then reasemble with new parts,going to hook the wiring straight to the dizzy via est plug then to msd and coil,i got rid of the tfi module.1HEIieMk.jpg

yeah this one was just a stocker on the (cooked original xe engine),old mate has dun it up,and im keen to get it flowed once i get it back,to see how it performs against the figures on the other thread.i nearly had a heart attack when he said how much i have to pay him .

pistons are 20.5 dish,and after milling head and block comp ratio will be 9.5.1 with a 040 mls,a bit short of the 10 we were looking for but its gunna be a good street engine run on 98 fuel,flat tops were gunna go close to the 11.7 region a bit much for what im doing,im using arp rod bolts,arp main stud's,double row chain,tighe solid cam 285c and their fluted solid lifters,7/16 roller rocker's ,arp stud's,aussie speed 4 barrel intake and heat soaker spacer,aussie speed tall black rocker cover and breather,i plan to run this combo for a while with a 4 speed single rail 009 box.

yea the original idea was 10 to 10 1/2 to 1 ,how it came to be is i didnt want him to shave the hell out of the block,and then shave the pistons,cause down the track i want to fit the aussie speed supercharger kit,i figured to use the 29.3 dish piston and .066 gasket will drop it to 8.3.1 ,but im getting much crossy gear atm i now have a 86da short motor ,getting a xf ute to play with another crossy,but yeah ando i still could buy a set of flat tops and take a few cc's out of them or what static comp would you reckomend for street/strip engine 11.1 ? or for that cam because tighe dont give any indicators on their website on what comp or diff ratio would suit,thanks.

ok i just read that,the cam i chose is 252 at 050 so its slightly on the largeish size for the comp ratio ,thats why we originaly wanted 10.5.1,i will do some more research,im planning on using a 600 or 650 holley ultra hardcore grey or similar.

Yeah this is exactly what's holding mine up at the moment.  You have to make a choice here either forced induction now - in which case you're probably right.  But it will be a dog to drive without the air pump.

The choice I think you have here is to get the 8.9 cc Pistons and build a tough na streeter.

Build your low compression bottom end for later when you want to add boost and swap heads and cam over.

The regs in SA about turbos on ULP motors are  basically designed to be a pita.  Not sure about your end of the world but for me I've gone and said fuck it and Shove a turbo on something else.

Anyway...

For me my formula is very similar to yours, I have a head with some work by Ryan, the isky 235, retainers, 5/16 roller rockers which I already have and ferrea valves.  Will be going the Nat asp route as it's easier to hide.  And easier to shove a standard stick and carb in if I need to deal with dickheads.  Cam most likely a crow 14872 - effectively the roller version of the 14650 which gets a really good rap on here.

Induction for me is an eb inlet and injection. have talked to crazy2287 about the megasquirt and this is likely to get the job, I've already pulled an ef wiring loom and sensors to mock up on the motor.  Will also go coil on plug with ls coils - so will fit the ef 36:1 tone wheel and cam phaser in due course 

In SA I can add anything to a pre 76 motor so that's the way I'm going with the turbo. Most likely 8 cylinders worth

so one a cruiser with a revvy engine and another car with a stockish motor pushing boost.

2:1 happy days