Server maintenance Read more... ×
CHESTNUTXE

84DA CROSSFLOW BUILD

That optional part is a holley part i found out thru there catolouge,big sender with extra buttons ect,sounds all mumbo jumbo to me,i will just hook it up to the positive coil i think.

3 minutes ago, Slow250XC said:

Just fyi incase you haven't taken the flange out of the headers yet, it tapers down another 1/4 to 1/2 in on the prewelded pipe ;)

im not sure what you mean by that XC can you explain a bit more thanks m8.

On 28/07/2017 at 7:44 AM, CHESTNUTXE said:

he is old school and built a million of these over 40 years and reckons something to do with delivering more oil to the rear as the hole is tiny for oil compard to the front hole if that makes sense i think he means the size of the hole which gives oil to the bearings,i will ask him again this afo ,when i bought the block in thats the first thing he was intending on doing,could be similar to the clevo thing where it doesnt get enough oil ,but in a daily drive or mild performance engine i doubt its worth it,will post more info when i ask him about it,as others say its totaly unessecary and could be right,i just went with what he reckonds,didnt want to rock the boat as he gets cranky very quickly:huh:,i can always just unscrew it and plug the hole with a plug,i was actualy against it but he chucked a  spastic when i doubted his work lol.

normally you would run a drill through the oil gallery all he way to the back of it, most machine shops have this stupid long drill bit thing, they do it when they do a line bore this will ensure the oil gallery is the same size from front to back but I guess he is old school and you NEVER want to argue with grumpy old men or tell them EFI or programable ignition is better 

build seems to be coming along nicely! what guide plates did you end up using? cut down clevo ones?

he did do something like that,secret old mens buisness,but i got rid of ol.m8's oil mod and just blocked it off because the factory est dizzy cover is in the way and im over it,later down the track if i amp the motor up even more which i will,i will re wire the dizzy so the oil mod can be used,i just want to get it up and running atm with the factory igniton,then add the juicy msd and coil,the guide plates yes were cut down clevo and quite tricky to set up 1 by 1 as i had never done a solid before ,all seems good i put the engine in my xf today if you go to action mans 92 ute build.

oil pressure sensor is right at the back so you know if the PSI per 1k rpm is not enough .... but never seen issues with oiling in crossflows
Well the engine is creating a bit of interest as its for sale and comes with heaps of parts ,i reckon dean should put this in his geminiae727e3c5a1037c1e9a33b160775d610.jpg

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

Well the engine is creating a bit of interest as its for sale and comes with heaps of parts ,i reckon dean should put this in his geminiemoji1787.pngae727e3c5a1037c1e9a33b160775d610.jpg

it's been done, i like the 1UZ turbo for gemini though

36w01BY.jpg

v5Rl0hk.jpg

wheres the turbo...
HthdVGS.jpg

Typo
The new owner paid half and another half when pick up its really weird how all the most expensive things i have ever sold the buyer has dep the cash even without seeing it ,cars included my xe chestnut sold for $22500 and he put it straight in my acc i love it when a plan comes together