CHESTNUTXE

84DA CROSSFLOW BUILD

i would say if that one above stops the risk of chucking a belt, just get one..
BGDAVs V8 car chucked a belt at 6500 until he got a overpriced overengineerd awesome bracket that was one of the best parts bought for it in the end..

and im ditching the idea of the clutch fan after deans video ,i have been struggling with this thing for weeks trying to get it apart without breaking it,if you look close some m/f has welded it to the nut so no way of coming off:unsure:mms9PrQ9.jpg

1 hour ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

and im ditching the idea of the clutch fan after deans video ,i have been struggling with this thing for weeks trying to get it apart without breaking it,if you look close some m/f has welded it to the nut so no way of coming off:unsure:mms9PrQ9.jpg

being welded on, should be easy to remove anyway.. jam up the impeller blades and rotate the fan in clockwise direction(same direction engine turns it) 

but yeah, you wouldn't use one of those fans without the clutch hub working, they suck unbeleivable power when locked up(as welded) my ute wouldnt go over 60kmh and the temp guage was cold as.. (when my hub locked up once )

The crossy is finished i will be picking it up on monday afo,then onto the stand to start the final assembly,the single rail is also done:P,ol.m8 did the pushrod length and it turned out at 9.800 which i thought was weird cause the std length was 9.6,i asked him how is that possible after skimming the head and block its a longer pushrod,he said the adj top end will come out much different to the stamped steel bolt on rockers,i would never have thought of that so im glad he did it,anyway plenty to do next week:D

yeah with the amount of cash i have already spent on it i may as well just go all out and get the aussie speed headers,and some sort of 3 inch single or dual like sly's ute,as i probly wont have it registed maybe a shortend exhaust allthou i did have a mad max intercepter style zoomies out the right hand sill just b4 the wheel arch but with a six cyl maybe only 3 pipes out one side or the aussie speed headers are actualy semi finished and 2 piece out let i think so that opens the door for 3 pipes out each side,ive been dreaming of this for a while and would look really crazy :o

54 minutes ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

yeah with the amount of cash i have already spent on it i may as well just go all out and get the aussie speed headers,and some sort of 3 inch single or dual like sly's ute,as i probly wont have it registed maybe a shortend exhaust allthou i did have a mad max intercepter style zoomies out the right hand sill just b4 the wheel arch but with a six cyl maybe only 3 pipes out one side or the aussie speed headers are actualy semi finished and 2 piece out let i think so that opens the door for 3 pipes out each side,ive been dreaming of this for a while and would look really crazy :o

Interesting plan. Personally I think header design is important with the effort and money put into a motor to get more out of it.

I'm actually going back to a big single for street and mainly to remove weight and make it eaiser to do pipe drop on race day. 

Went for a 3.5" Hooker Aero Chamber and I'll add a Gonzo style race muffler and flange for a turn down so if @ PCM or events that require mufflers I'll still be legit but I can remove the the rear of the exhaust for weight saving and no real loss of power.