Panko

Photobucket account bug?

96 posts in this topic

hi guys, 
i have just noticed looking at some of my threads, my pictures are gone, and a message where the picture should be telling me that i need to update or upgrade my account with photobucket to allow 3rd party sharing? WTF is this? 

anyone else have this come up wiht their content? 

Same, my images on Botophucket are still there and are still showing on this forum, but that may not last for long.

An alternative is Imgbox, as I mentioned in a previous thread (were due to close down at the end of the month, but a new hosting partner has come to their rescue). It might be an idea that existing Botophucket users start to migrate there instead.....

From LTD083 in the general discussion thread...

Fyi Dean and others.
Absolute crock.
Taken from a thread on Ford Forums:

Photobucket updated their Terms of Service, effective June 20, 2017.

Most of us using a Photobucket account to display images on this (and other Forums) were probably using Free Accounts. There's even a sticky thread in this section showing how to do it (using PB as the example)

The new ToS now states "The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time."

To re-enable 3rd Party image hosting, you need to sign up to their highest package at $400 per year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Looks like it'll cost $400 a year to allow third party image hosting on Photobucket. This change was made w/out announcement, apparently.  "Shock and awe" - typical of the Yanks. Hopefully they (photobucket) disappear up their own poo-holes.....there's gotta be an alternative.

yeah wtf I'm at 11% and my images aren't working. 

outback jack your signature has now disappeared and is showing that message. 

Outback Jack likes this

Fuggn cuntz ,,!

how many use phcrapit ,? 

Times all those users by $400 ,,

= a fuggn fortune ,,!! 

What are they ,,? The church paying lawyers to keep a priest out of prison ,,?

need cash quick 

Outback Jack likes this

I don't mean to be a smart arse but I wrote about this 18 months ago, it was bound to happen sooner or later. 'Dartosmobile' by 2redrovers appears to be intact using tapatalk, but SMIKXF's build photos are all down. My bottom lip is trembling and I'm going to shed a tear........

SirkWhyXF and Outback Jack like this

all my photos are gone, at 11% storage used. 

how can they pull this on users with no warning. i wonder if there are any big enough corporations that use it, that its affected that could get on board and fight them lol 

Outback Jack likes this

4 hours ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

hey checx this nude shot of me missus

Can't see that one...fuck you Photobucket. But I got the other one you posted....in hard copy! Thanks, HP Deskjet 3720!

(actually only joking, just in case you get festy!)

sounds like they have a new dick  er ector from ordallia's canberra school of pollys   where the motto is" keep em rise ing our pay along with your taxes"  

just saying lol  now back to me jd s  :rolleyes: