Sign in to follow this  
eattsie9

High energy/performance/high capacity sump vs standard. What do I really need?

Hi All

I'm curious. I picked up a built crossflow out of a cortina (high comp solid cam) it has an Asr performance sump on it. Since its going into and xf I need to swap sumps.

Is there any value in me getting another high performance sump to suit or can I just use a standard one?

Car is going to be mostly Street driven with the odd run at the drags / power cruise type event.

Thanks

standard sump is pretty average for anything high performance - ASR sumps are good cause they keep oil where it needs to be - cheap insurance to get a good baffled sump if you ask me

The engine, when fitted to the Cortina, had a performance sump.  That is part of the answer for me.  Another part comes in 'high comp solid cam) description, followed by power cruise and drag use. For me the question answers itself. 

All engines benefit from having more oil to scavenge from, particularly when pushed and oil temp rises. I have an xf high energy (before they went offshore) sump here that I would gladly swap for your sump. 

Thanks guys. Was on the side of the fence of just getting another good one but was curious non the less.

Asr quoted me 375 + gst and I have to send them a factory sump. So pretty cheap really.

Ando got any details/pics of that sump? Probably a bit hard to do a swap since I believe we are opposite sides of the country.

Cheers

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk