Server maintenance Read more... ×

This has been bugging me for while and nobody can seem to tell me,when using a c4 on a crossflow street/strip,are people using the pre 1970 box with the smaller input shaft and just beefing up the box or using the later post 1970 box with the larger spline,reason i ask this is i dont see any aftermarket bellhousings for a 250 to suit the later box ?,or is the earlier windsor style box up to the task once prepped,i have found in america a few c9 alloy bells to suit 200 c.i but the starter sits way down compaird to our aussie engines,from what i have found the xd (taxi c4) is a good choice altho its still the earlier design,and the bell is cast iron like all the 6cyl bell's.

Only use the 70+ trans . They are better all round. The correct bellhousing is cast iron. You can use that bell on any later trans, only difference if you use a clevo pan fill type case is there will be a flange sticking out around the back of the bellhousing

Look for a trans case , dipstick in case , breather on top of extension housing. Will have the larger 26 spline input shaft, if unsure measure it , will be 0.839" diameteThay are out there although rare