90 posts in this topic

Those 2.7 V6s are a good thing though, would run rings around the crossy coming out of it. Same motor in Discovery, Citroen C6, and a V8 is also based on that design.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

XGOUTBACKROMEO likes this

Yeah i remember, looked more like a Mazda to me, which is a licence-built Perkins. A tractor motor lol

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Ahhhh, yes I remember now. I reckon he advertised it as a Perkins motor. They are pretty good engines in tractors, plenty of torque

Ute is sold now but easiest way is look for tank switch over switch.... no other ute has it.
Also the mudflaps underneath all over the underbody.... or if there is a hydratrak diff sticker.

Usually if it has that particular roobar on it, its an Outback... only made them for xg outbacks.

If you have any probs let me know or give me details of compliance plate and I'll decode for ya.

Diesel Territory motor..... could be cool.
I wanted a Cummins in one.... hehehe...

Jack.

Sent from my GT-S7583T using Tapatalk

Yeah I checked it out at about 9:00pm (Vic time) and yeah it was sold wasn't on it quick enough, I've come across a few that I was wondering are they an outback or not but I'll send you a message and see what you can find out, really appreciate it Jack
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Outback Jack likes this

Ahhhh, yes I remember now. I reckon he advertised it as a Perkins motor. They are pretty good engines in tractors, plenty of torque

Perkins would've been pretty gutless though, we have about 5 landys at my farm. Dad huge Land Rover fan. My first car was a 1950's Landy so I reckon if discovery motor will fit that'll be better then a territory tbh.

Outback Jack likes this

Yeah I checked it out at about 9:00pm (Vic time) and yeah it was sold wasn't on it quick enough, I've come across a few that I was wondering are they an outback or not but I'll send you a message and see what you can find out, really appreciate it Jack
Cheers

No probs matey.
When ya pm me I'll give ya me number... just call me if in doubt.
I dare say like every car... as soon as they realize they are rare there will be knock offs to watch out for.
Pity ya missed out mate, still a few around...... keep ya eyes peeled for that roo bar.... hehe.

Twin tanked Weirdos rule!!!!

Jack.

Ando81 likes this

So today finally got new rubber on the ute, running Bridgestone Duelers 205/70 R15. Recommend tyre size is 205/65 but just made it a little bit taller which looks pretty good on the Outback. Couldn't afford a decent set of 215/75's which are bigger again. Could've gone with a cheap brand but wouldn't trust them. Anyways what you guys think? ef1b65ebef39c5c994eaf59e2086d2b2.jpg63374b24c2f8807183e3f5d41513078c.jpgb0ecb95abd3b836e36728d8bb27978a4.jpg4019aaa19bf29adcbce7fc7b17a2c7b5.jpg
I also ordered new bushings and seals for the door, should be going to Panelbeater's soon. I'll try to keep on updating

Outback Jack and Valvebouncer like this

Looks good mate but just be aware that if you went for 215,75,15 tyres then their circumference gets bigger and your speedo will be out a bit. You'll actually be traveling faster than what the speedo says.

Outback Jack likes this

Just now, Ando81 said:

Looks good mate but just be aware that if you went for 215,75,15 tyres then their circumference gets bigger and your speedo will be out a bit. You'll actually be traveling faster than what the speedo says.

G'day Ando, I realised that but seeing I'm on running 205/70's the speedo is actually dead on I checked it with GPS speed tracker so we should be good. Once I save up for a set of BFGoodrich All-Terrains I'll get wheel alignment and spedo recalibrated. Cheers Roman 

Outback Jack likes this

Great work mate, you're switched on a lot of adults wouldn't have a clue. I just did a tyre size calculation online and a 205 65 tyre would need to do 491 revolutions to travel 1km and the 205 70 tyre needs to do 477 so it's only about 4% larger so 4km/h out at 100km/h. The speedo calibration is easy to do yourself, only gotta change the plastic sender gear on the speedo sender in the gearbox.

it has the weird gear boot thing and the air filter.. if you can get the VIN  you could check on etis site should say the options.
https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=_PQ_2lyBV2zHegnlziUchZBnJzBOqzmAhX9bPecX.eccvas1900n

G'day dean, know this is an old message but I decided to check my ute with the etis Ford site and for some reason it doesn't recolonise that my ute is an Outback model, it just comes up as a standard Falcon Gli Dynamic White ute... I wonder if that's for everyone or just mine?

@outbackjack have you tried to decode your ute mate?

Outback Jack likes this

Hahaha. Etis can't do Outbacks... they are a Gli ute as a base model then turned into Outbacks by Tickford arm of Ford.

Write Ford an email with a copy of ya rego, drivers licence and they will send you all the details of your ute... don't forget to ask for the build number of utes in total as well for that year.

Jack.

Agreed, a Ford verification letter specifying the exact build of your car when it rolled off the factory line will be the best way to find out.

It's easy to ask Ford for one: I wrote a thread about it a while back (used the instructions just recently to get a verification letter on my FGX actually). Instructions are a post or two down. Once you get it, scan it and put it up here. Best of luck!

Outback Jack likes this

Hahaha. Etis can't do Outbacks... they are a Gli ute as a base model then turned into Outbacks by Tickford arm of Ford.

Write Ford an email with a copy of ya rego, drivers licence and they will send you all the details of your ute... don't forget to ask for the build number of utes in total as well for that year.

Jack.

Cheers Jack, I'll write a letter and see what they can tell me. Very curious to know how many Outbacks in 1995.

Outback Jack likes this

Agreed, a Ford verification letter specifying the exact build of your car when it rolled off the factory line will be the best way to find out.
It's easy to ask Ford for one: I wrote a thread about it a while back (used the instructions just recently to get a verification letter on my FGX actually). Instructions are a post or two down. Once you get it, scan it and put it up here. Best of luck!

Perfect, thanks mate appreciate it. I'll send a letter off and once Ford have responded I'll share what they said.

Outback Jack and thorne like this